Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: BLIZZARD QUESTIONS  (Read 1115 times)

Description:

Offline DGBTopic starter

• Show only replies by DGB
    • http://pvpmedia.com
BLIZZARD QUESTIONS
« on: October 22, 2003, 03:04:58 AM »
           While it has been a while since I have been active on the forum I am still collecting parts and pieces to get my Amiga 2000's and Toasters going.  In that effort I recently became the proud owner of a Blizzard 2060 Turbo Board as a gift of friendship from a person I became friends with through this forum some time ago.  Unfortunately he was not too technically familiar with this board and questions I posed were beyond his limited knowledge of the board.  He didn't remember a lot about how it was set up when he used it in his 2000.  Since I also have the book for it he was unable to refer to that.

After looking at the book and the board I discovered that there is not a SCSI connector on the board that can be used for a drive and/or drives inside the computer.  There is a SCSI connector on the back of the board that is exposed to the rear of the computer when installed.  This is great for an external SCSI drive but it is of little use for an internal drive.  While I have a drive tower I want to use externally I want to have the OS on an internal drive.  I am wondering what the best course of action might be to achieve this.  I have several SCSI controller cards of different manufacturers that I could use.  I do however wonder what adverse effects if any that might be caused by using two controllers on the same computer.  Any thoughts or suggestions regarding this would be greatly appreciated.

Dave
Four  A2000\\\'s, three Toaster 2000\\\'s & three 4000\\\'s, four DPS TBC\\\'s, Studio 16 soundboard, Vidtek genlock, DPS PAR, DPS vectorscope, YC-100 Y/C S-Video card, Blizzard 2060, GVP 040 & 030 combos, DKB Megachip, ICD Flicker-Free video adapter & ...

Offline Ryu

• Show only replies by Ryu
    • http://www.intuitionbase.com
Re: BLIZZARD QUESTIONS
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2003, 03:36:38 AM »
it does have internal scsi, check out http://www.amiga-hardware.com/blizzard2060.html
Yours
Darren aka Ryu
-----------------------------
www.IntuitionBase.com
My Amiga 1200 webserver

Offline adolescent

• Show only replies by adolescent
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2003, 06:54:20 PM »
As noted above, the board should have a 50 pin SCSI connector for internal drives.  If for some reason your board does not, it's fairly easy (although not very inexpensive) to get a short cable to route the external SCSI back to the inside.  
Time to move on.  Bye Amiga.org.  :(

Offline DGBTopic starter

• Show only replies by DGB
    • http://pvpmedia.com
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2003, 01:12:29 AM »
       Thank you for your help.  I discovered that I did not find the connector because I had been looking at the book instead of the board whick I have kept in a static bag since I got it.  The picture in the book does not indicate where the connector is and the picture is a drawing that is not the best graphic representation.  The picture you linked me to was a real help.  It did seem strange to me that there would not be an inside connector.

Dave
Four  A2000\\\'s, three Toaster 2000\\\'s & three 4000\\\'s, four DPS TBC\\\'s, Studio 16 soundboard, Vidtek genlock, DPS PAR, DPS vectorscope, YC-100 Y/C S-Video card, Blizzard 2060, GVP 040 & 030 combos, DKB Megachip, ICD Flicker-Free video adapter & ...

Offline aardvark

• Show only replies by aardvark
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2003, 02:01:18 AM »
Hey!!  I'll be your friend if there's anyone out there with another spare Blizzard 060 2000 board to give away! :-D

Offline Ryu

• Show only replies by Ryu
    • http://www.intuitionbase.com
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2003, 02:56:11 AM »
LOL

im happy to take any free hardware thats going :-)
Yours
Darren aka Ryu
-----------------------------
www.IntuitionBase.com
My Amiga 1200 webserver

Offline darksun9210

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2003, 11:05:43 AM »
also as with regard to any question of having a conflict with multiple scsi controllers in one machine, thats a PC problem! :) had a cyberstorm scsi, onbaord A4091, and GVP HD8+ on my A4k at one time. all fine an dandy. 2000 should be just the same with zorro2 controllers :)

A500 Vampire2/minimegachip/lazarus/indyECS
A600 Vampire2/604n/subway/IndyECS
A1200 PiStorm32+Pi4/subway/IndyAGA
A3k C=040/CV64-3D/Xsurf100+RRoadUSB/Zoram256/acard scsi-ide-CF/IndyECS,
A4k CSMk3-060/CV64-3D/Xsurf100+RRoadUSB/Bigram256/IndyAGA, mediator+pci cards
CD32 TF360/IndyAGA
Plus an SGI O2 & consoles.