Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga Inc note to dealers  (Read 11818 times)

Description:

Offline SystemTopic starter

• Show only replies by System
    • http://amiga.org
Amiga Inc note to dealers
« on: April 28, 2007, 02:31:15 AM »
What follows is an e-mail received from Bill McEwen, CEO, Amiga Inc addressed to all Amiga dealers in regards to preparations for release of the newly announced Amiga computers.

While we don't normally print e-mails, this was sent via the Press mailing list, so one can only presume it was intended for public dissemination.

Hello Amiga Dealers:

As mentioned in the press release we are in the final stages with the design of new hardware and getting them into production.  Something that will be different than what happened with the AmigaOne is that we will be purchasing these new machines in the more than 1,000 units per order.  This will allow us to get better pricing and quality for all of you.  The specs for the sub 500.00 machines will be out on Monday and the more expensive machine the following week.  Production will begin soon and they will be ready this summer.  More details and final specs and timing will follow.

On another note, we have had a very strange request about sales that
occurred from 1996 through 2000 regarding Amiga computers.  Now I understand based on the documentation that we have here that the machines were purchased primarily from Petro at Amiga International.  

What I need to know is how many of you would still have copies of invoices or other documentation that shows you purchasing this hardware and any all possible advertisements or promotional materials that you may have received at this time.  We seem to have an issue with regard to the actual facts that machines were purchased during those years, and we are limited in the materials that we have here for those years.  If you have any information or documents that meet this criteria then please let me know as soon as possible.

Bill McEwen
Amiga, Inc.
bill@amiga.com
Tel: 425.557.9600 x23
Fax: 425.557.0090

Important: This electronic mail message may contain information or have one or more attachments containing information that is confidential, proprietary and/or legally privileged information. This message is intended only for the addressees clearly indicated as intended recipients and if you have received this message in error, if you are not the intended recipient (or an employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient), or if you aren't sure, you are hereby on notice that you have received this message in error and you may not review, use, download, store, disclose, disseminate, transmit, distribute, save or copy this message or any attachment. If you received this message in error, doing any of these things could be a
violation of Federal and State law and subject you to criminal and/or civil prosecution. If you have received this message in error, the only thing you are permitted to do is to notify the sender* immediately by reply to this message or by telephone if a number is provided and then immediately delete the original message, attachment(s) and any copies, including any copies made by you or any automated system for backup, recovery or any other purpose. Thank you for your compliance and your cooperation.

Offline Opus

• Show only replies by Opus
Re: Amiga Inc note to dealers
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 03:16:11 AM »
"This message is intended only for the addressees clearly indicated as intended recipients"  sounds questionable to me whether this should be public.

Offline Plaz

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 03:23:13 AM »
We seem to have an issue with regard to the actual facts that machines were purchased during those years, and we are limited in the materials that we have here for those years. If you have any information or documents that meet this criteria then please let me know as soon as possible

At the same time this part leads me to beleive they have little info about old distributorships and are hoping to reach as many parties as possible to recreate the database. If it was released through press channels, then I would think it's for public consumption.

BTW.... some body pinch me. I think the blue pill I took when I entered Amiga Land is wearing off a bit.

Plaz

Offline tomazkid

• Show only replies by tomazkid
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 03:35:44 AM »
Interesting indeed.  :-)

Offline HammerD

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 03:38:57 AM »
Anyone want to speculate on what the specs for these machines are?

Low end...
High end...

Basically the same as the PowerVixxen designs?

OS4 already smokes on a 750GX 800Mhz cpu...I can only imagine what it will be like on these beasts :)
AmigaOS 4.x Beta Tester - Classic Amiga enthusiast - http://www.hd-zone.com is my Amiga Blog, check it out!

Offline guru-666

• Show only replies by guru-666
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007, 03:48:00 AM »
LOL...!

Offline B00tDisk

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by B00tDisk
    • http://www.thedelversdungeon.com
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2007, 04:20:41 AM »

OS4 already smokes on a 750GX 800Mhz cpu

Given the "quality" of the original Amiga One branded Teron systems, that's probably not the OS that's causing the smoke.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Back away from the EU-SSR!

Offline tomazkid

• Show only replies by tomazkid
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2007, 04:26:51 AM »
Quality or no quality, my A1XE is now over 4 years old, running 24/7 and still running. ;-)

Offline B00tDisk

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by B00tDisk
    • http://www.thedelversdungeon.com
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2007, 04:27:48 AM »

On another note, we have had a very strange request about sales that
occurred from 1996 through 2000 regarding Amiga computers.

There's something very, very fishy about that request.
Back away from the EU-SSR!

Offline ottomobiehl

• Show only replies by ottomobiehl
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2007, 04:41:29 AM »
The specs for the sub 500.00 machines will be out on Monday and the more expensive machine the following week. Production will begin soon and they will be ready this summer. More details and final specs and timing will follow.

Somehow, I hate getting all excited again and it be nothing.

Oh well, here is expecting the worst but hoping for the best. :inquisitive:

Offline Argo

• Show only replies by Argo
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2007, 04:48:38 AM »
This looks suspiciously like they are doing something. Something related to OS 4.0 and hardware. Bizzare.
Still we haven't seen the hardware yet. Much less the hardware running OS 4.0.
Well, Monday looks to be busy here with release of the low end specs. An we complain when we don't heard anything from them.

Offline CodeSmith

• Show only replies by CodeSmith
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2007, 05:10:45 AM »
:-o

Is this real?

Offline AmigaHeretic

• Show only replies by AmigaHeretic
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2007, 05:34:49 AM »
Is this real?

Well, at least the phone number is real.

I went through the phone tree and entered "6,2" for M and C  (first 2 letters of the last name of the person you want) and I got to hear Bill McEwen's voice.  :-D

No I didn't leave a message, but I might if I can think of something clever!  :idea:
A3000D (16mhz, 2MB Chip, 4MB Fast, SCSI (300+MB), SuperGen Genlock, Kick 3.1)
Back in my day, we didn\'t have water. We only had Oxygen and Hydrogen, and we\'d just have to shove them together.

Offline CodeSmith

• Show only replies by CodeSmith
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2007, 05:41:30 AM »
Wow.  Looks like someone finally hit him with a clue-by-four.  Next week should be interesting.

Offline Gelb

• Show only replies by Gelb
    • http://amigazeux.net
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2007, 05:57:27 AM »
"While we don't normally print e-mails, this was sent via the Press mailing list, so one can only presume it was intended for public dissemination."

It never occured to you that this may have been posted to some "press mailing list" by mistake while it could have been meant for the top secret "dealer mailing list" and obviously you haven't   dared to ask mcbill if that's the case...

First the public vote on 20 q's with mcbill nobody wanted and now this poor, sad and cheap stuff that is so obviously made up it's unbelievable (how stupid do you think the remaining Amiga Users are? :-))

If AInc just needs publicity or has to ask weirdo questions in public then why not just be so honest and do just this without the crazy back story nobody wants to know about.