Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WxWidgets bounty opened.  (Read 3468 times)

Description:

Offline Troels_ETopic starter

• Show only replies by Troels_E
    • http://www.amigabounty.net
WxWidgets bounty opened.
« on: May 25, 2009, 08:05:51 PM »
Amigabounty.net announces a bounty to get WxWidgets ported to AmigaOS4.1.

Having WxWidgets available on AmigaOS4.1 will help give us easier access to a huge number of cross-platform applications and it will allow AmigaOS4 developers to reach a wider audience if they develop using WxWidgets.

Examples of applications using WxWidgets include: KiCAD, Audacity, Code::Blocks IDE and (originally from the Amiga) Audio Evolution 5.

EDIT:
27.05.2009 Alexandre Balaban has been assigned to the bounty and deadline has been changed as agreed with Alexandre. If you haven't donated already, please consider doing so at the amigabounty.net website.

Links:
WxWidgets bounty site.

WxWidgets website.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 06:55:01 PM by Troels_E »
The bounty site for AmigaOS4 www.amigabounty.net

Offline Methuselas

• Show only replies by Methuselas
Re: WxWidgets bounty opened.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 05:42:44 PM »
I think you'd get better results if the bounty implied cross-platforming, for MorphOS and AROS. Personally, I think there's enough room for all the alternatives now, since there's no definitive winner of the three and for the most part, they're all here to stay.
\'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.\' - Bruce Lee

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.\' - Dark Helmet :roflmao:

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf

Offline Troels_ETopic starter

• Show only replies by Troels_E
    • http://www.amigabounty.net
Re: WxWidgets bounty opened.
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 06:53:34 PM »
If the alternatives used Reaction it would be no problem but as they use MUI(Zune) and that is a 3rd party solution on OS4 it's not what we're doing bounties for. MorphOS has a newer version of MUI, so they are not even the same anymore.

I think people will find our next bounty relevant to both AmigaOS4 and MorphOS.
The bounty site for AmigaOS4 www.amigabounty.net