Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Help! How do you remove MagicWB?!  (Read 1589 times)

Description:

Offline brianbTopic starter

• Show only replies by brianb
Help! How do you remove MagicWB?!
« on: February 19, 2009, 03:05:22 AM »

Disregard post.. Can I delete this post?

Offline adolescent

• Show only replies by adolescent
Re: Help! How do you remove MagicWB?!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 03:09:55 AM »
From the MagicWB FAQ, on the MagicWB home page.  

http://www.sasg.com/mwb/faq.html#A05

Is it possible to uninstall MagicWB?

Yes. When you think you can stand the old and dull Commodore look on your workbench you can just uninstall MagicWB by re-installing the Commodore system disks. This will not delete any personal settings, it will just replace your icons and default system files. Additionally you should delete the file 'MagicWB' in your 'ENVARC:' directory and remove the 'MagicWB-Demon' line from your startup-sequence and user-startup. This is it.

Time to move on.  Bye Amiga.org.  :(

Offline save2600

• Show only replies by save2600
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 03:25:32 AM »
If the "old" Commodore Workbench looks "dull"... can anyone tell me how I can change the way Mac OS 10.5 looks?!? With each and every update, not only does my Mac become slower and slower, it looks more like a {bleep}s Windoze XP desktop!!

Seriously... Apple's best looking desktop was around 10.2-10.4. What we're using today looks like rubbish.

Amiga OS 3.9+, with maybe some MUI help looks far more modern to these eyes.

Offline brianbTopic starter

• Show only replies by brianb
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 03:41:46 AM »
I found it in the FAQ, right after my post.  Did the instructions from the FAQ, now i have a big mess...   My workbench is trashed... Wish I never installed it...  Now my icons are crazy, most are now stock but some are from MagicWB.   No idea why...

Offline Thomas

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 10:15:47 AM »
Is it possible to uninstall MagicWB?

The FAQ is all wrong. It is *not* possible to uninstall MagicWB. MagicWB replaced the icons and it is only possible to replace them again.

A new installation of WB 3.1 only replaces those icons which are contained in WB 3.1. Other icons remain untouched. In addition a new installation of WB does not only replace some icons, it also downgrades all OS files which might have been updated after the installation. So installing WB on top of the existing system is not a good idea.

You should rather go and replace each unwanted icon manually, for example with IconEdit or with a utility like CopyIcon.

Bye,
Thomas