Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Running AMOS 3D and AMOS Creator on AGA  (Read 2154 times)

Description:

Offline SamOS39Topic starter

• Show only replies by SamOS39
    • http://amigaknight.tk
Running AMOS 3D and AMOS Creator on AGA
« on: February 09, 2009, 10:33:12 PM »
Ive got AMOS Pro 2 on my amiga 1200 but 3D and Creator are not working properly..

I load the programs from the floppy disks and the screens on both of them are glitched and i cant make out anything ..

Ive heard 3D and Creator are incompatible with AGA amigas but is there anyway way i can get them running on my A1200 .. any libs or plugins that will let it run correctly?

Id like to install them and have the full AMOS package to play with  :roll:

cheers

Sam.

Offline jasper

• Show only replies by jasper
Re: Running AMOS 3D and AMOS Creator on AGA
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 11:45:47 PM »
Try Pressing both mouse keys together on a reboot,i think theres some options there to allow for backwards compatibility
Desktop A1200
Blizzard 1230 Accelerator with 32megs ram
2.5\\" 4.85 Gig HDD
Teac 32x CDRom Drive
2 External Floppy Drives

Offline rednova

• Show only replies by rednova
    • https://sites.google.com/site/rednova3d/
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 12:51:35 AM »
Dear Friend:

I have the same problem..I use amospro 2 on my a1200, and it works fine. However, I could not make the amos 3d work, it is supposed to run in amospro, but it does not work for me. Hope you can solve this problem, and tell us all what you learned.

rednova
-mobilis in mobile-

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 01:15:31 AM »
Someone who knows for sure correct me if I am wrong, but isn't AMOS Creator just an earlier version than AMOS Pro, so everything in AMOS Creator included within AMOS Pro?

As for running it on an A1200, try disabling any caches and/or running one of the several degrader programs that were developed to allow older game software to run on AGA computers, such as the A1200 and A4000.

Every time this subject comes up on the forums someone usually suggests that you switch to a different flavor of BASIC language, such as Blitz Basic, or True Basic.  I can only guess that more advanced programmers have identified too many problems or short-comings within AMOS Pro, as it is a very old programming tool that has not been updated in so many years and other BASIC languages have better tools to use.

Sorry this is not more specific, but you can probably use the search function here and at other sites to read the old discussions of the AMOS topic to get more details.

The AMOS Factory is the only (semi) active AMOS forum that I know of and you should be able to get good answers from there.  I have not been active there for many months.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline robo-ant

• Show only replies by robo-ant
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 05:02:31 AM »
I never had AMOS Pro, but I had Creator and 3D and AMOS Compiler back in my A1200 days.  The only thing that didn't work was the object editor for 3D.  I had to make 3D objects on my A1000.

IIRC, there was a patch to make Creator AGA compatible.  I can't remember if it came from Mandarin as a free upgrade (I got some disks from them in the mail) or if I got the patch on a magazine disk.  I have a feeling it was the latter.

EDIT:  I just found CU Amiga Disk 54 with AMOS Compiler and AMOS 1.35 on it, which is labelled "A1200 compatible!" (on the Creator side of the label).  That's probably the version I was using on my A1200.  If you need AMOS The Creator see if you can get your hands on that coverdisk.

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 07:55:00 AM »

robo-ant wrote:
I never had AMOS Pro, but I had Creator and 3D and AMOS Compiler back in my A1200 days.  The only thing that didn't work was the object editor for 3D.  I had to make 3D objects on my A1000.

IIRC, there was a patch to make Creator AGA compatible.  I can't remember if it came from Mandarin as a free upgrade (I got some disks from them in the mail) or if I got the patch on a magazine disk.  I have a feeling it was the latter.

EDIT:  I just found CU Amiga Disk 54 with AMOS Compiler and AMOS 1.35 on it, which is labelled "A1200 compatible!" (on the Creator side of the label).  That's probably the version I was using on my A1200.  If you need AMOS The Creator see if you can get your hands on that coverdisk.

Great memory robo-ant!  Thanks for the tip about finding the AGA compatible version of AMOS v1.35, but I am still wondering since the original poster seems to have AMOS Pro v2.x if the AGA compatibility isn't already included.  The only thing I don't know anything about is the AMOS3D stuff, as I have never installed or used it (yet).
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 12:05:00 PM »
ok so maybe im not worried about creator now!
but i still want to make use of amos 3D in conjunction with amos pro ..?

ill check out that other site when i get home cheers   :-)

what versions of AMOS 3D are out there and what is the latest version..?

cheers
Sam.

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 10:22:40 AM »
boing :-D

Offline Phantom

• Show only replies by Phantom
    • http://l9memorial.if-legends.org/html/home.html
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 02:44:39 PM »
All I know is that AMOS 3D is an extension to AMOS The Creator. So you need AMOS The Creator to install AMOS 3D. AMOS 3D it's not a stand-alone program. Included in the AMOS 3D package, is a disk to update your AMOS The Creator to the latest known version, which is 1.3.

I have AMOS Pro, and I think that it's the best of all AMOS packages over there.
To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures