Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: CISTPL_CONF_MAP tuple not found error  (Read 2422 times)

Description:

Offline beltrixxTopic starter

• Show only replies by beltrixx
    • http://elciudadanocableado.wordpress.com
CISTPL_CONF_MAP tuple not found error
« on: January 13, 2009, 09:49:27 PM »
Hi,

When I try to open Genesis I get this error :

CISTPL_CONF_MAP tuple not found

Yesterday I used Genesis normally to connect to Aminet and haven't changed nothing in Genesis config. Now I am not able to start AmiTCP :(

Any ideas ???

A1200 Desktop : 16 Gb CF card, DVD ROM, ZIP 250, Fastata 1200 MKII, 128 Mb Fast, Microbotics 1230XA Accelerator, WLAN Card, AmigaOS 3.9
Never in the field of human conflict, was so much owed by so many to so few. (W. Churchill)

Offline ncafferkey

• Show only replies by ncafferkey
Re: CISTPL_CONF_MAP tuple not found error
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 10:42:37 PM »
That means the driver (cnet.device?) can't get information from the PCMCIA card. If you've really changed nothing since it last worked, it could mean your card has died (or the Gayle chip, or the contacts are dirty or...).

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 10:54:16 PM »
I have a Fast ATA 1200 MkII with a Gayle Chip adapter. maybe this adapter is causing the problem?

I suppose if I remove the Gayle adapter that comes with FastATA I need to use cardpatch / cardreset, isn't it?

I'll make sure the adapter is correctly attached to the chip and, if it's correctly attached, I'll try to remove it to determine if the adapter is causing the problem.

Thanks,

beltrixx.

A1200 Desktop : 16 Gb CF card, DVD ROM, ZIP 250, Fastata 1200 MKII, 128 Mb Fast, Microbotics 1230XA Accelerator, WLAN Card, AmigaOS 3.9
Never in the field of human conflict, was so much owed by so many to so few. (W. Churchill)

Offline AmigaMance

• Show only replies by AmigaMance
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 01:45:42 AM »
 Yes, you need the cardreset patch without the adapter. CardPatch is not required, just recommended.
 If the gayle is damaged, i don't think that you will be able to access devices attached to the IDE port...
 Therefore, it is more likely a dead card.

I also get this error message, but very rarely. When this occurs, i do a reset and the card becomes recognized again. In my case i think that my PSU causes the problem.

What about those 4 small chips located right next to the PCMCIA port? Anyone knowns what is their function?
A1200 PPC user.

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 06:16:40 AM »
FastATA doesn't run without the Gayle adapter, anyway I think that Gayle chip is not damaged because the Fast ATA controller runs OK.

I don't think the problem is PSU related in my case. I use an ATX PSU with Ian Stedman adaptor, and everything runs OK except for the PCMCIA network card !!

I'll try to isolate the problem...

Regards,

Beltrixx.

Offline Tygre

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 10:05:40 PM »
Dear all!

Sorry to revive this thread after so many years... I just run into the same problem: my Classic Amiga was working fine, one reboot, and Miami started to complain about "cistpl_conf_map tuple not found".

The weird thing is... after some time spent switched off and some tinkering with the PCMCIA card (remove, insert), it now works fine... My question is then: can Gayle overheat or something? I am attempting to use my Classic Amiga as a Web server so I leave it on for days, is it too much?

Please advise! Is there anything I can do to help my Amiga withstand the heat ;-)
Yann
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 10:56:05 PM by Tygre »

Offline Tygre

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 03:00:32 PM »
Dear all!

Actually, it seems that Gayle is safe but that my hard disk failed... I am now attempting to reinstall a new one, you can follow my adventures at http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?p=755702...

Take care!
Yann