amiga.org

iconAll times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:50 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

Amiga.org Amiga computer related discussion Amiga community support ideas Free (possibly award winning) OS4 awareness movement? (Another corny idea)

Amiga community support ideas This forum is for the open discussion of new thoughts and ideas intended to help the Amiga community. What do we need? What do we want?

Old 01-09-2009, 10:04 AM   #1
kvasir
Technoid
Points: 7,978, Level: 60 Points: 7,978, Level: 60 Points: 7,978, Level: 60
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Send a message via ICQ to kvasir Send a message via AIM to kvasir Send a message via MSN to kvasir Send a message via Yahoo to kvasir
Default Free (possibly award winning) OS4 awareness movement? (Another corny idea)

I had an idea about advertising OS4 to computer users at large, that I should have posted a while back. Not sure how effective it would be, but considering the average Amiga users seemingly profound love of customizing their Workbench environment, and bragging about it with a screengrabber, gfx converter, and a forum site to post to (myself included, even if I use AOS3.9 until I get some actual money) I found a site that might be ideal for an Amiga coup. Desktop Contest hosts a series of users desktops, and apparently award prizes to the most popular by vote. I did this last year, and had a comment on how rare Amiga workbench shots were up there. (My nick is Kvasir up there, the one with the wierd resolution Star Trek Theme) The current pot is up to a wild $.10 (probably due to it being only January), and the site can be a bit unreliable at times. But when the server is working, Ibrowse works fine with it. Last I checked, somebody won $50 because of a desktop theme revolving around their cat.... Anyway, it would be nice to see more OS4/3.x screengrabs up there, and they would probably have a good chance at getting a prize as most screengrabs of both look rather sexy compared to even some of the Linux shots I've seen on their site.
Mediator+ 4MBSVGA, Soundblaster, 100mbps Ethernet
Subway USB+ endless list of gadgets :-D
My full specs
kvasir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:44 AM   #2
Pyromania
Sent from my Quantum PC
Points: 22,383, Level: 93 Points: 22,383, Level: 93 Points: 22,383, Level: 93
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%

Default Re: Free (possibly award winning) OS4 awareness movement? (Another corny idea)

Nice idea!
Pyromania is offline   Reply With Quote