Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Free (possibly award winning) OS4 awareness movement? (Another corny idea)  (Read 1277 times)

Description:

Offline kvasirTopic starter

• Show only replies by kvasir
    • http://watertonian.freeiz.com/1200brag/index.html
I had an idea about advertising OS4 to computer users at large, that I should have posted a while back. Not sure how effective it would be, but considering the average Amiga users seemingly profound love of customizing their Workbench environment, and bragging about it with a screengrabber, gfx converter, and a forum site to post to (myself included, even if I use AOS3.9 until I get some actual money) I found a site that might be ideal for an Amiga coup. Desktop Contest hosts a series of users desktops, and apparently award prizes to the most popular by vote. I did this last year, and had a comment on how rare Amiga workbench shots were up there. (My nick is Kvasir up there, the one with the wierd resolution Star Trek Theme) The current pot is up to a wild $.10 (probably due to it being only January), and the site can be a bit unreliable at times. But when the server is working, Ibrowse works fine with it. Last I checked, somebody won $50 because of a desktop theme revolving around their cat.... Anyway, it would be nice to see more OS4/3.x screengrabs up there, and they would probably have a good chance at getting a prize as most screengrabs of both look rather sexy compared to even some of the Linux shots I've seen on their site.
--
Amiga 1200T 68060 50MHZ 192MB Fast
 40GB IDE, 100MB Zip, CD/RW, DVD/Rom
 Mediator+ 4MBSVGA, Soundblaster, 100mbps Ethernet
 Subway USB+ endless list of gadgets :-D
My full specs

Offline Pyromania

• Sent from my Quantum Computer
    • Show only replies by Pyromania
    • http://www.discreetfx.com
Nice idea!