Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Useful tool for Minimig owners  (Read 1292 times)

Description:

Offline yaqubeTopic starter

• Show only replies by yaqube
Useful tool for Minimig owners
« on: September 04, 2008, 10:23:46 PM »
Hello to all Minimig maniacs :-D

Due to limited internal resources of the Minimig controller (PIC) files on the MMC/SD card are displayed in order as their entries were stored within root directory.

Moreover the root directory is limited to 512 entries and it's the maximum number of files (all files must use 8.3 compliant names, no subdirs, no volume name). When a file uses long file name (LFN) every 13 characters takes one additional entry limiting further the maximum number of files in the root directory. Even if a file uses 8.3 naming convention but uses mixed lower and upper case letters its name is considered as LFN and consumes one additional entry.

I have written a small Windows utility which removes long file names from the root directory and sorts all entries alphabetically. Thanks to this the ADF file names are displayed alphabetically by the Minimig.

It can be downloaded from following link: http://www.yaqube.neostrada.pl/FATCleaner.exe

I have asked Dennis to put this utility on his site and hope he will do it very soon.

Have fun! :-D

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
Re: Useful tool for Minimig owners
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 12:24:43 AM »
Cheers Jacob, that will be very handy indeed.  You're just too kind to us.  :D

I didn't realise about every extra 13 characters taking away the entries!  No wonder I couldn't see all of my files on my SD card.  I was having to shove the tested ADFs into sub folders to view the other ADF files.
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.