Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ebay dispute - Worst deal I ever had ...  (Read 1877 times)

Description:

Offline countzeroTopic starter

• Show only replies by countzero
    • http://blog.coze.org
Ebay dispute - Worst deal I ever had ...
« on: April 23, 2008, 04:03:13 AM »
Some while ago, I got a max machine for myself, and I was after some max mode cartridges for it. While scouring ebay, I came across a jupiter lander card and a wizard of wor card from the same seller. I offer 7$ for the j.lander and 30$ w.of wor and he accepts both offers. I send the payment, he sends the cards, all is fine.

I receive the cards. He used a box picture for the wizard of wor, but it turns out its card only. I read the description again, and it actually says card only. my bad, but why the hell do you use a box picture when you don't have it ?

anyway, the j.lander is working but wow is not. So I tell the seller item is doa. he responds clean the contacts and try again else he can refund. I clean the contacts (again) and try again but still no joy. so I respond him it's not working. One week passes. No response.

So I say to the hell with refund. I don't want to bother sending the card back to us anyway, cause it'll probably cost me what I'll get from the refund. So I leave neutral feedback for him. Since one of the cards was working while the other (albeit expensive) one did not.

big mistake. he responds with a neg in two days. upon further communication I get called retarded among other things, so I realise I'm dealing with a total asshole here. I open a dispute with ebay. he says I have to return the items to him, so I do, with EMS mail. The parcel reaches his place, but he's absent, at april 12. After ten days, he doesn't seem interested in claiming it, I know he's around cause he left feedback at other buyers at 21st april. so I escalate the issue to a paypal claim.

So, in the end, I got ripped off 50$ (plus 25$ for return shipping and my time), I didn't get anything (I return both cards) I get called names and most importantly, got a neg feedback. And I didn't even neg him while he neg me in cold blood. He really should have the nerve to do this. I should have negged him while I had the chance. His name is george stump, ebay seller    old_school_software_inc.

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE - BIGGEST {bleep} ON THE PLANET.
I believe in mt. Fuji

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: Ebay dispute - Worst deal I ever had ...
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 04:23:08 AM »
Sounds exactly like another seller I left neutral feedback for because of the same reason, advertizes using the original box but doesn't have it and he leaves me negative feedback and calls me names.  

First negative I have had in over a year. :madashell:
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline marcfrick2112

• Show only replies by marcfrick2112
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 04:55:06 AM »
Ugh... Sorry to hear about this, amigadave. Yeah, there are some real horrid sellers on EBay. The only negative I ever got was a Beta VCR I bought, it was advertised 'as-is' but in 'good condition' When I got the VCR it was partially disassembled, and had ROCKS inside it! grrr...
---------------
Marc Frick
---------------
A1200T / \'060, 256MB, CD-R, OS3.9
A4000 w/ WarpEngine / 82MB , OS3.1
A4000 16MB, OS 3.9
A1200 , \'030 / 10MB
A1200 (stock)

CD32 :)

...And a very sick 4000T

Offline Damion

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 06:48:25 AM »
Wow, he left you a negative (your only one) for leaving him a neutral -- when he sent a defective game? Basically, he should have left positive (since you paid right away) or, at worst, nothing. In addition, an honest seller probably would have offered to refund your shipping.

This is why I think the new regulations regarding feedback might be a good thing. I've never dealt with ebay in a situation like this, but I wonder if it's possible to do anything about it (like getting that obviously whacked negative off your record).

I dealt with a similar individual recently. I ordered two games, which were described as "NEW". The first one was clearly used, dirty, and smelled like cat urine. The second one was not only used and smelly, but the completely wrong game. I paid to send BOTH items back (to Belgium), AND left the guy positive feedback as soon as he refunded me, as a sign of "goodwill". The ass responded by leaving me NO feedback. :/ Granted, the entire situation was my fault, I rolled the dice despite the guy's less-than-perfect (but not terrible) feedback record.

Anyway, I hope there's something further you can do. Perhaps you can continue with the PayPal claim, paying to ship it back might be worth the pain in his rear... and as I see it, a matter of principle. Sure, you will pay shipping, but he will be forced to pay back the money he ripped you.

Offline weirdami

• Show only replies by weirdami
    • Http://Bindingpolymer.com
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 07:35:52 AM »
i think there is a "retaliatory feedback" option in the ebay complaints thing. maybe it's "feedback extortion". not really the same thing, but you should see if ebay will respond.
----
Binding Polymer: Keeping you together since 1892.

Offline tokyoracer

• Show only replies by tokyoracer
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 09:18:02 AM »
Iv had similar issues, particuarlly my laptop AC adapter. Seller said he was in the UK and it was an official one in the pic BUTTT.... I recived an after market one and it was from Hong Kong. I looked closer on the auction and in tiny tiny lettering says it is sent from Hong Kong. Why fool buyers like that I dont know but it works and that's good enough I suppose. I say it works, it broke withing a day. I asked to send back but the guy replied asking me to return it to it's original location!!! I discoverd it would be nearly £15 including tax!!! :madashell:

Offline Xamiche

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 09:49:03 AM »
Sellers often hold Feedback to ransom on eBay. As a seller, I leave feedback the very moment I receive payment. The buyer has met their obligation and has nothing more to do except wait to receive their item(s). The way I figure it, they deserve their feedback at that time, so I give it. I think this is how it should be.
A500, A600, A1200, A2000, A4000D, A4000T, CD32

Offline doctorq

• Show only replies by doctorq
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 09:57:21 AM »
@countzero

If this is the worst you have ever experienced, consider yourself lucky. Many others have done a lot worse unfortunately.

Personally I have 3 defective Amiga 4000 motherboards laying around that I bought on ebay. All were advertised as fully working and without battery leakage. At least I have something, but it's still like tossing money out of the window :-(

Offline tokyoracer

• Show only replies by tokyoracer
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 10:09:06 AM »
I never recived a £100 R/C car once a few years back. Seller at fault, not postal sevice for once. That was probs my worst ever experiance with eBay.

Offline monami

• Show only replies by monami
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 12:10:55 PM »
wow. you guys are inexperienced. if something is faulty tell the seller straight away. if he says return it. ask who pays postage. you'll get some crap that all ebayer sellers expect you to pay for his shoddy goods. usually they don't respond. if they don't respond they are in your trap open a dispute where they won't respond (as usual.) 20 days pass ebay gives money back and postage costs. you keep the item. don't leave feedback unless they have.

recent disputes of mine...

1. pirated guitar studio 2 and audio effects. (stupid seller wanted me to send it back after i won the dispute. which is probably illegal!) before hand he did nothing to help and said he bought it on ebay so why should i get my money back. i left no feedback as i felt he was an antagonist.
2. faulty usb phone cable. expected me to pay for a return. i opened a dispute. he promised he would pay return postage. he didn't but i knew he was a liar anyway. i left no feedback. he was an antagonist.
3. brand new psp battery from china. dead! won't charge or power on. expected me to post it back. opened a dispute. got my money back. he left poss feedback. i didn't bother.

and many many more!!!

i will bless them that bless you. i will curse them that curse you. gods promise to his chosen people the jews.

Offline doctorq

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 12:20:15 PM »

wow. you guys are inexperienced.

It's nothing about being inexperienced, just a matter of picking the right battles. In my cases I have confronted the sellers, and all say that I have broken them myself, so it's my word against theirs, even if I would have involved ebay or not.

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2008, 01:15:03 PM »
@countzero

I am sorry to hear about your experience. What this rogue seller did to you is called retaliatory negative, something eBay is very keen on eradicating. Contact eBay and explain what happened, I think you will have a good chance to have this negative removed.
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline monami

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2008, 01:37:30 PM »
"It's nothing about being inexperienced, just a matter of picking the right battles. In my cases I have confronted the sellers, and all say that I have broken them myself, so it's my word against theirs, even if I would have involved ebay or not."

from where i sit it seems you are not going about things the right way. it is always your word against theirs no matter what. but paypal disputes get judged. usually a guilty man won't put his side in these disputes. thats why you get the money back if they don't try to resolve the issue. if it is faulty and you know it came faulty. it is the seller who thought "it's broke. i'll ebay it. he he!" or the postal service. you need a refund. and maybe if the seller is 100% he will try to resolve it with the postal service for you as  he should get a receipt for postage like i always do. it costs nothing. i have had about 20 faulty items in my time and of all the disputes. paypal has found in my favour. the money comes out of his account not paypal. and so doing disputes is the only way of keeping the idiots honest. because they loose out + postage...

don't leave feedback till you are happy.
i will bless them that bless you. i will curse them that curse you. gods promise to his chosen people the jews.

Offline doctorq

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2008, 02:29:15 PM »

the money comes out of his account not paypal. and so doing disputes is the only way of keeping the idiots honest. because they loose out + postage...

Well, the disputes I have put up (and won) doesn't mean I get any money back. If the money has been withdrawn from the PayPal account, I can't get any money back. At least not with the last dispute I proceesed through PayPal, which is about a year ago.

Offline monami

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2008, 02:52:59 PM »
you mean you won a dispute and had no money back? then why did you leave it there? :roll: