Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hotmail  (Read 612 times)

Description:

Offline golemTopic starter

• Show only replies by golem
Hotmail
« on: September 08, 2007, 03:34:53 PM »
I don't really want to do it but I'm going to create myself a Hotmail account. Mainly because I want to set myself up on Facebook to get in touch with people and they don't support ordinary email addresses. Do you realise that MS Hotmail gives you 2 gigs of space..for FREE!
How can they possibly do this when you think about the sheer number of people who have hotmail accounts. There simply must be something in it for them -> paranoia sets in -> I think I'll give it all a miss ? :roll:

A1200 desktop, Blizzard 1260, OS3.9BB2, Indivision Mk II, SCSI Jaz, Ethernet
A1200 desktop, Blizzard 1230, OS3.1, Ethernet
A500, OS1.3

Offline uncharted

• Show only replies by uncharted
Re: Hotmail
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 04:11:55 PM »
I've had a Hotmail account for years without any problems.  Hotmail generates revenue through advertising. Whether it makes a profit is another matter.

Google also gives out a couple of gigs worth of storage.  I'm actually more paranoid of Google reading my mail than I am of Microsoft.  Google knows far more about me than Microsoft ever could.

Yahoo mail now has unlimited storage which is quite cool.

As for Facebook, my wife and I set up accounts last night (after being badgered by people to do it) and from first impressions, it's crap.  I really don't see what all the fuss is about.  Perhaps I'm missing something.

With Facebook, it's scary just how much information they want about you.

Offline golemTopic starter

• Show only replies by golem
Re: Hotmail
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 04:20:57 PM »

uncharted wrote:
As for Facebook, my wife and I set up accounts last night (after being badgered by people to do it) and from first impressions, it's crap.  I really don't see what all the fuss is about.  Perhaps I'm missing something.

Yes after playing with it just now thats the impression I got too. If I want to get in touch with people I know I would rather do it privately and not broadcast it to everyone else who knows me on the internet. It must be a generational thing!

A1200 desktop, Blizzard 1260, OS3.9BB2, Indivision Mk II, SCSI Jaz, Ethernet
A1200 desktop, Blizzard 1230, OS3.1, Ethernet
A500, OS1.3