amiga.org

iconAll times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:08 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

Amiga.org Amiga computer related discussion Amiga Software Issues and Discussion Intuition window closing request on startup

Amiga Software Issues and Discussion This forum exists for the discussion of the use, issues with, and fun brought about by classic and next generation Amiga software.

Old 07-22-2007, 08:11 AM   #1
hamtronix
Cult Member
Points: 4,691, Level: 43 Points: 4,691, Level: 43 Points: 4,691, Level: 43
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Send a message via AIM to hamtronix
Default Intuition window closing request on startup

I am booting into WB 3.1. I turned off quiet mode because I am working on the system and wanted to see as much as possible of whats happening. Which turns out not to be that much. I have two questions.

Can I set startup-sequence to complete one line at a time after a key press or some other way to slow it down?

I get a pop up dialog box at what appears is the end of the booting process that goes away rather quickly. It says something like 'Intuition is trying to close an open window.' and something else with the retry and cancel buttons. It goes away by itself. Is this normal? What can be done about it if it isnt normal?
hamtronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 09:01 AM   #2
Thomas
Desperately needs a life
Points: 15,021, Level: 79 Points: 15,021, Level: 79 Points: 15,021, Level: 79
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Default Re: Intuition window closing request on startup

Quote:
I turned off quiet mode
What ??? How ?

Quote:
Can I set startup-sequence to complete one line at a time after a key press or some other way to slow it down?
Add the line

set echo on

to the beginning of the startup-sequence, then each command is listed before execution. Press the space bar or any key to halt the output. Delete the input to continue.

Add something like

ask "press enter to continue"

between LoadWB and EndCLI in startup-sequence in order to automatically halt before the initial Shell window closes.

Quote:
get a pop up dialog box at what appears is the end of the booting process that goes away rather quickly. It says something like 'Intuition is trying to close an open window.' and something else with the retry and cancel buttons. It goes away by itself. Is this normal? What can be done about it if it isnt normal?
Intuition tries to close and reopen the Workbench screen in order to set the screen mode configured in Prefs/Screenmode. It cannot do this as long as other windows are open on that screen. So while the initial Shell window is open, the requester appears and it disappears automatically when the shell window is closed.

Short: yes, it's normal.

Bye,
Thomas
Old 07-22-2007, 09:15 AM   #3
hamtronix
Cult Member
Points: 4,691, Level: 43 Points: 4,691, Level: 43 Points: 4,691, Level: 43
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Send a message via AIM to hamtronix
Default Re: Intuition window closing request on startup

[quote]
Thomas wrote:
Quote:
I turned off quiet mode
What ??? How ?

>> I meant quiet mode for setpatch command. I just deleted the QUIET flag on it in the Startup-Sequence.
hamtronix is offline   Reply With Quote