Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Intuition window closing request on startup  (Read 660 times)

Description:

Offline hamtronixTopic starter

• Show only replies by hamtronix
Intuition window closing request on startup
« on: July 22, 2007, 03:11:12 PM »
I am booting into WB 3.1. I turned off quiet mode because I am working on the system and wanted to see as much as possible of whats happening. Which turns out not to be that much. I have two questions.

Can I set startup-sequence to complete one line at a time after a key press or some other way to slow it down?

I get a pop up dialog box at what appears is the end of the booting process that goes away rather quickly. It says something like 'Intuition is trying to close an open window.' and something else with the retry and cancel buttons. It goes away by itself. Is this normal? What can be done about it if it isnt normal?
CD TV / Remote / Trackball Remote / Keyboard / CDTV 1411 External Drive / C= 1405 256K RAM / Smell the fear!

Offline Thomas

Re: Intuition window closing request on startup
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 04:01:06 PM »
I turned off quiet mode

What ??? How ?

Can I set startup-sequence to complete one line at a time after a key press or some other way to slow it down?

Add the line

set echo on

to the beginning of the startup-sequence, then each command is listed before execution. Press the space bar or any key to halt the output. Delete the input to continue.

Add something like

ask "press enter to continue"

between LoadWB and EndCLI in startup-sequence in order to automatically halt before the initial Shell window closes.

get a pop up dialog box at what appears is the end of the booting process that goes away rather quickly. It says something like 'Intuition is trying to close an open window.' and something else with the retry and cancel buttons. It goes away by itself. Is this normal? What can be done about it if it isnt normal?

Intuition tries to close and reopen the Workbench screen in order to set the screen mode configured in Prefs/Screenmode. It cannot do this as long as other windows are open on that screen. So while the initial Shell window is open, the requester appears and it disappears automatically when the shell window is closed.

Short: yes, it's normal.

Bye,
Thomas

Offline hamtronixTopic starter

• Show only replies by hamtronix
Re: Intuition window closing request on startup
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 04:15:25 PM »

Thomas wrote:
I turned off quiet mode

What ??? How ?

>> I meant quiet mode for setpatch command. I just deleted the QUIET flag on it in the Startup-Sequence.
CD TV / Remote / Trackball Remote / Keyboard / CDTV 1411 External Drive / C= 1405 256K RAM / Smell the fear!