Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hard Drive Faulty???  (Read 502 times)

Description:

Offline uniteTopic starter

Hard Drive Faulty???
« on: June 27, 2007, 11:04:23 PM »
I recently bought a nice 1.3gb hard drive for my amiga.  Its an actual amiga drive not a pc drive with a converter (if you know what I mean).  For some reason the drive ain't working in my 1200.  When installed you ca nhear the drive spinning up no problem.  At bootup the HD light comes on and stays on for about 30seconds then goes off and the normal insert floppy screen appears.  (The drive wasn't formated when I bought it).  I followed the instructions in the guide from the forum but when I get to the point about using the HDtool the amiga freezes for ages when tryin detect the drive and eventually goes to the next screen but its seen nothing.  NOW I firstly thought I've been had here and this is a dead drive but I have one of the amiga to pc ide interface chaps and using that the drive works perfectly on the PC.  I next thought perhaps my amiga IDE cable is damaged but again using the amiga / pc ide converter thing I have sucessfully installed a pc hard disk in the 1200.  Its deffo not the amiga as there is a hard disk working in it now, its deffo not the cable as its currently being used working, and as far as i can tell its not the drive as its spinning up and I can access it under windows.  

Suggestions, anyone?  

Was thinking myself I might just go for a full tower mod now and scrap the amiga driver and just use a few old PC drives I have.