Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Phase 5 Rev 2 BPPC - One Oscillator??  (Read 658 times)

Description:

Offline ddniUKTopic starter

• Show only replies by ddniUK
Phase 5 Rev 2 BPPC - One Oscillator??
« on: June 12, 2007, 02:59:16 PM »
Guys this has been annoying me for some time.
My BPPC has only only oscillator. It was manufactured as a 603e+ @ 175mhz and a 68040 @ 25mhz. The PPC oscillator has always been missing ( Never fitted by Phase5).

The board gets its timing from the 68k 50mhz Oscillator. The natural timing of the board is x3.5

I have had the board upgraded to an 060 at 60mhz. This meant that the multiplier had to be changed to x3.0 to keep the PPC clocked at an acceptable 180mhz.

My question is, why did Phase5 only use one oscillator?
Is there any reason why I cant add the missing PPC oscillator? Thus allowing me to overclock the CPUs individually.

Offline Kin-Hell

• Show only replies by Kin-Hell
Re: Phase 5 Rev 2 BPPC - One Oscillator??
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 12:39:43 AM »
ddniUK wrote:
Guys this has been annoying me for some time.
My BPPC has only only oscillator. It was manufactured as a 603e+ @ 175mhz and a 68040 @ 25mhz. The PPC oscillator has always been missing ( Never fitted by Phase5).

The board gets its timing from the 68k 50mhz Oscillator. The natural timing of the board is x3.5

I have had the board upgraded to an 060 at 60mhz. This meant that the multiplier had to be changed to x3.0 to keep the PPC clocked at an acceptable 180mhz.

My question is, why did Phase5 only use one oscillator?
Is there any reason why I cant add the missing PPC oscillator? Thus allowing me to overclock the CPUs individually.

Go read here:

BPPC Overclocking

:-)

Getting 0lder is Mandatory..... Growing up is an option.