amiga.org

iconAll times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:42 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

Amiga.org Amiga computer related discussion Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion Amiga USB

Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion This forum is dedicated to the discussion and resolution of issues related to Classic and Next Generation Amiga hardware. Got a problem with a piece of hardware? Click to speak.

Old 05-17-2007, 02:25 AM   #31
motorollin
Premium Member
Points: 32,860, Level: 100 Points: 32,860, Level: 100 Points: 32,860, Level: 100
Activity: 54% Activity: 54% Activity: 54%

Default Re: Amiga USB

It is nobody's business but Platon42's who he chooses to sell his product to and how much he charges. If you don't like it, write your own USB stack.

--
moto
30     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA
40     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAAA
50  NEXT C
60  NA-NA-NAAAA
70  NA-NA NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA NAAA-NAAAAAAAAAAA
80  GOTO 10
motorollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 03:01 AM   #32
Zac67
Kindred of Babble-on
Points: 12,866, Level: 74 Points: 12,866, Level: 74 Points: 12,866, Level: 74
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Quote:
gazgod wrote:
I don't claim to understand the reasons for him not to support mediator owners (pure laziness on my part, i just cant be bothered to read up) but it is the developers right to say who can and can't use his software.
Well, I did read up a while ago and I understand Chris' decision - he didn't really have another choice.
Zac67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 03:35 AM   #33
Darrin
Lifetime Member
Points: 20,171, Level: 89 Points: 20,171, Level: 89 Points: 20,171, Level: 89
Activity: 46% Activity: 46% Activity: 46%

Send a message via AIM to Darrin Send a message via Yahoo to Darrin

Quote:
mboehmer_e3b wrote:
Your attitude smells like a dead fish... do you have the same attitude to other goods, too, like this?
Like I give a toss what you think about my attitude.

Quote:
"I have no legal means to obtain a car and have exhausted all of the alternatives. So I have stolen one now, and I use it, but be sure the day I can legally buy it I will spend my money to the guy I have stolen the car from."
That's a straw man arguement and if that's the way your "brain" thinks then there's no point explaining what I wrote.

Quote:
Don't point to others and complain while in the same posting you admit doing piracy.
Someone has to. All the sucking up going on in this thread is what stinks. Please point out where I admit doing piracy. Either STFU and stop slandering me or learn to read. I do not pirate software. When you earn a six figure salary then you have no need.
Darrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 03:39 AM   #34
Darrin
Lifetime Member

Quote:
motorollin wrote:
It is nobody's business but Platon42's who he chooses to sell his product to and how much he charges. If you don't like it, write your own USB stack.

--
moto
That's nice. I guess you support racism too as it's up to the BNP/KKK etc who they hate and don't hate.

Discrimination against Mediator users is not a policy you expect from a professional.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:48 AM   #35
motorollin
Premium Member
Points: 32,860, Level: 100 Points: 32,860, Level: 100 Points: 32,860, Level: 100

Quote:
Darrin wrote:
That's nice. I guess you support racism too as it's up to the BNP/KKK etc who they hate and don't hate.
Don't you dare to put those words in my mouth. I support no such organisations. Furthermore you know very well that there is a big difference between somebody choosing not to do business with a company which he/she feels is behaving unethically (in this case Elbox) and an organisation which engages in an active hate campaign.

Quote:
Darrin wrote:
Discrimination against Mediator users is not a policy you expect from a professional.
Read the details on Chris's web site and you will see who was behaving unprofessionally.

--
moto
50  NEXT C
60  NA-NA-NAAAA
80  GOTO 10
Old 05-17-2007, 03:49 AM   #36
keropi
Kindred of Babble-on
Points: 13,779, Level: 76 Points: 13,779, Level: 76 Points: 13,779, Level: 76
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

@ Darrin :

1. mboehmer_e3b offers more to the amiga community than you would in 100 years with your six figure salary.

2. platon42 also offers more to the amiga community than you would in 100 years with your six figure salary. you cannot judge them. it is beyond your power to do that, and you look foolish.

3. you obviously don't know what happened so don't try your lame "racism" excuses, you still look like a fool. better get all the facts first, think and then come boasting about your "beliefs" (that are completelly wrong ofcourse).

Old 05-17-2007, 04:02 AM   #37
Glittering
Beginner
Points: 5,636, Level: 48 Points: 5,636, Level: 48 Points: 5,636, Level: 48
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Send a message via ICQ to Glittering Send a message via AIM to Glittering Send a message via MSN to Glittering Send a message via Yahoo to Glittering

What elbox did was scummy but making ordinary users suffer is wrong but as this is the Amiga market being unreliable is trendy and sexy.
Glittering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 04:11 AM   #38
Darrin
Lifetime Member

Quote:
motorollin wrote:
Don't you dare to put those words in my mouth. I support no such organisations. Furthermore you know very well that there is a big difference between somebody choosing not to do business with a company which he/she feels is behaving unethically (in this case Elbox) and an organisation which engages in an active hate campaign.
If you lot want to slander me by calling me a software pirate then you had better be prepared to take the same back. Again, I asked you "if" and didn't say "did". Learn to read.

Again, this isn't a case of not doing business with Elbox, it's against not supporting Amiga users because they bought some hardware that he doesn't approve of. Elbox make their money off the hardware, Chris is simply {bleep}ting on their customers. See the difference?

Quote:
Read the details on Chris's web site and you will see who was behaving unprofessionally.
I have and his twisted facts don't do him any favours.

On a more pleasant note, supposing someone downloads the evaluation version of his stack from Aminet and then registers it using the "Full personal registration (standard fee 38 EUR) NOT FOR ELBOX PRODUCTS)" option on his site, then will the stack work on the Mediator or has he inserted some code to prevent it?
Old 05-17-2007, 04:13 AM   #39
Darrin
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Glittering wrote:
What elbox did was scummy but making ordinary users suffer is wrong but as this is the Amiga market being unreliable is trendy and sexy.
That's my point. Not registering the stack is hurting Amiga users, and not Elbox. Elbox get the cash for the hardware and the user gets discriminated against by Chris.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:16 AM   #40
motorollin
Premium Member

Quote:
Darrin wrote:
If you lot want to slander me by calling me a software pirate then you had better be prepared to take the same back.
Please direct me to the post where I called you a software pirate.

Quote:
Darrin wrote:
Again, this isn't a case of not doing business with Elbox, it's against not supporting Amiga users because they bought some hardware that he doesn't approve of. Elbox make their money off the hardware, Chris is simply {bleep}ting on their customers. See the difference?
<sarcasm>Yes, I'm sure Chris is cutting off a portion of the userbase (and thus a source of income) just to spite the users</sarcasm> :roll:

Quote:
Darrin wrote:
his twisted facts don't do him any favours.
How do you know they are twisted? Do you know something Chris doesn't?

--
moto
50  NEXT C
60  NA-NA-NAAAA
80  GOTO 10
Old 05-17-2007, 04:23 AM   #41
Darrin
Lifetime Member

Quote:
keropi wrote:
@ Darrin :

1. mboehmer_e3b offers more to the amiga community than you would in 100 years with your six figure salary.
I'm the "end user" and without people like me then there would never have been a community and there never will be a community.

Quote:
2. platon42 also offers more to the amiga community than you would in 100 years with your six figure salary. you cannot judge them. it is beyond your power to do that, and you look foolish.
Zzzzzz. Se above. Obviously you have no comprehension of what is in my power and your bum-sucking is what looks foolish from my angle.

Quote:
3. you obviously don't know what happened so don't try your lame "racism" excuses, you still look like a fool. better get all the facts first, think and then come boasting about your "beliefs" (that are completelly wrong ofcourse).
And you're obviously making lame excuses to support your biased position. Try being objective and think about your precious community rather that adopting a childish attitude to those you "think" are beneath you.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:36 AM   #42
Darrin
Lifetime Member

Quote:
motorollin wrote:
YOU didn't and my words were "you lot" meaning that those of you putting me under fire for daring to have an option that doesn't match your commie ideals have been saying that I condone piracy and mboemher even tells me "you admit doing piracy." which I don't. Still having reading trouble?

Quote:
<sarcasm>Yes, I'm sure Chris is cutting off a portion of the userbase (and thus a source of income) just to spite the users</sarcasm> :roll:
Yes, he effectively is. He want's to kill a deer and to do so he's poisioning all of the plants. Sarcasm wont help you defend this.

Quote:
his twisted facts don't do him any favours.
How do you know they are twisted? Do you know something Chris doesn't?[/quote]

I've read both sides of the story and CH's lack of cooperation and his over inflated ego seems to be the major problem. I don't blame Elbox for having a hard time dealing with him.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:43 AM   #43
keropi
Kindred of Babble-on

OK then MR. End-User...
seems you are a real smart person
WHY THE {bleep} do you complain about poseidon then? Go to your friends at elbox and demand a usb stack to operate your lame card or else just shut up.
or make your own stack.
morrons like you are those that cause hardware/software developers to quit, with your constant nagging and lame excusses. what do u accept from Chris, to bend over so u can be happy? and your "user rights" are not threatened? u are here 5 years, did you register poseidon?
Old 05-17-2007, 04:45 AM   #44
motorollin
Premium Member

Quote:
Darrin wrote:
Quote:
motorollin wrote:
YOU didn't
And yet you had the audacity to accuse me of supporting the KKK. I see no purpose to continuing this conversation since you are clearly the type of person who lashes out at others with unfounded claims when your argument is disputed.

--
moto
50  NEXT C
60  NA-NA-NAAAA
80  GOTO 10
Old 05-17-2007, 04:50 AM   #45
keropi
Kindred of Babble-on

Quote:
motorollin wrote:
I see no purpose to continuing this conversation since you are clearly the type of person who lashes out at others with unfounded claims when your argument is disputed.

--
moto
well said motorolin... I will join u in watching, no point arguing with non-thinking/childish/"I am always right"/"my righs are violated" persons