Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pointing Fingers get chopped off.  (Read 3100 times)

Description:

Offline unchartedTopic starter

• Show only replies by uncharted
Pointing Fingers get chopped off.
« on: June 10, 2003, 10:34:36 AM »
I wrote a pretty rousing speech this morning about basically how crap things are in the Amiga community at the moment after the weekend's thread started by Kronos.

It was a pretty good posting, but you'll have to take my word for it, just before I posted it, I realised it was pointless.  No-one is bothered about the bigger picture, everyone is wrapped up in thier own agendas, in their own camps, and in thier own hero worshiping to notice anything sensible (also because it contained critism of certain members of Genesi, amoungst others it'd probably be deleted without explaination).  

I'm sure there'd be about 10 people replying trying to lay the blame solely at Amiga Inc.'s door, 10 people trying to blame Genesi and 10 people brining up the subject of T shirts.

I've said it before it's all down to pride, no-one wants to admit they are wrong.  People have gotten so blind around here to what THEY want to hear(and who they want to listen to), that no-one is really interested in the truth anymore. If its not from -Insert Camp here- they are not interested.

I could go on and on, but I'll just leave you with this one thought:-

So when will the Amiga community get it's dignity back?

Offline PMC

• Show only replies by PMC
    • http://www.b3ta.com
Re: Pointing Fingers get chopped off.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2003, 10:39:12 AM »
So when will the Amiga community get it's dignity back?

When we all stop feeding the trolls and declare an end to the petty in-fighting (I'm talking about MOS/OS4).  
Cecilia for President

Offline JurassicCamper

• Show only replies by JurassicCamper
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2003, 11:52:54 AM »
I'm fed up of it to.
All the flame fests.
All the slagging off.
Once we all shared a common interest "Amiga", but due to the well document bankruptcy etc.... well we all know the story.

Those who did not beleive their would be another Amiga after gateway went their way and those who thought Fleecy and Bill could do some good went theirs.

3 years on we all hang on to the one thing we all had in common once "Amiga" But now its a tug of war of those who think they know best.

We are left with two "main" choices for the future.

Amiga One / OS4 & Pegasos / MOS

So I wish people would be allowed to make their mind up with out all the FUD slinging.

I've made my choice and I'm happy with.
Wayne has made his choice too and he's happy.

What is annoying is those that have made their mind up, telling me I've bought a bug ridden pile of S#!+, based upon one persons posting somewhere.

So please let it end and lets all just get on.

Discussion is great, thats why we come here.

But to come here daily and see another morphos v amigaos thread started. Its makes you sigh!!!

Please let the madness end.
A1200T PPC 330Mhz in a Custom Modified Fractal Design R3 Case

Offline meerschaum

• Show only replies by meerschaum
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2003, 12:13:17 PM »
your probably completely right... the bigger picture is we look like a bunch of idiots as a whole 'who are these nutcases' most people probably say...but until things get kick started off for one of the camps things will keep up like this...

I think Peg2 should rocket Genesi out of this community ( I should say when I mean 'out' I mean that a community more sizeable then this should emerge around the Peg2 and therefore superceed this one) and take a sizeable number of app developers along for the ride...if my theory pans out this time next year the amiga community 'amiga' mind you...will be even smaller... with alot less application developers.. thats my opinon anyway...but then there is the flip side of that... that alot of people will come back...remember the name 'amiga' and maybe jumpship over to amigaone/OS4... who knows... sure will be interesting..

Offline Warface

• Show only replies by Warface
    • http://www.spacehawks.hu
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2003, 12:49:58 PM »
I've said it before it's all down to pride, no-one wants to admit they are wrong.

It's simple psychology. Let me show it with cars, type A, and M.

Customer one and Customer two are used to be friends, had the same kind of car before. Now they devoted themselves to two different models from different vendors.

Practically, both will have four wheels, headlights, etc. The two has the same engine and transmission system even

Both Car A and Car B is out on the street. You got the wheels, the engine, the transmission. Yet for Car A the driving wheel, the seats are still in development, while for Car B you regularly check back to the Service to receive the round driving wheel instead of the initial square like, to get the new seat covers, window glasses instead of the tinfoil you had.

Not only customer one and two will never admit that not everything is perfect (as the cars are much faster than their previous cars), the vendors will make everything to stop the other from happening.

Vendor A will endlessly repeat it will be ready in two weeks, stopping those hesitating going for car M, and keeping them in an endless waiting cycle, which one day will come to an end.

Meanwhile, Vendor M will endlessly repeat that car A will never be completed, making those hesitating to be more uncertain, maybe falling for car M.

Maybe I could add, that both Customer one and two had Car A before, just some other firm purchased the factory, at first promising to abandon cars and manufacturing rollerblades instead, but things like that are biased and may ruin the picture :-)

Feel free to add corrections :-)

Offline zudobug

• Show only replies by zudobug
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2003, 12:51:08 PM »
Recently I got pretty wound up and took part in a rant...

It was good to get it out of my system I guess, but really I wish I hadn't bothered. I don't even know how I managed to get so pissed off in the first place. It's stupid. And the only effect my comments had, if any, was to upset a few people, and that is never my intention.

So, I'm gonna make sure that from now on I only submit helpful or constructive posts... If I feel myself getting wound, I'll just switch off and do something else... Simple :-)

I agree that everyone should stop fighting. I'm not saying get on and work together, but that would be nice too. Remember why we are all here in the first place.
Realtime amiga.org chatting on irc.synirc.net - #amiga.org and #coffeehouse

Offline tonyw

• Show only replies by tonyw
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2003, 01:21:27 PM »
Sometimes I write a rant piece, then go back over it and tweak the expression, the language, the snide remarks towards others. Finally I cancel the post altogether because, although it's a masterpiece of wit and innuendo, it'll only antagonise people further.

And anyway, just writing it seems to be enough.

tony

Offline heimert

• Show only replies by heimert
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2003, 01:37:15 PM »
@uncharted
Whining about the situation surely won't make it better.
Since I first read about the Amiga vs. Genesi dispute I realised that it was the beginning of an endless discussion about which system was the best, who's telling the truth, accusations etc.
It suprises me if you haven't realised that before.

Be positive, buy (or don't buy) whatever system you like and don't care about all the FUD thats around.

Offline meerschaum

• Show only replies by meerschaum
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2003, 01:50:04 PM »
@Warface

what happens if one of the makers is going out of business,lying, and telling nonsense to their customers to keep them loyal to their sinking ship?... what then?

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2003, 01:54:02 PM »
also because it contained critism of certain members of Genesi, amoungst others it'd probably be deleted without explaination
Do you simply go out of your way to insult me, or does it come naturally?

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2003, 01:56:14 PM »

meerschaum wrote:
@Warface

what happens if one of the makers is going out of business,lying, and telling nonsense to their customers to keep them loyal to their sinking ship?... what then?

Leave them alone to stayup/sink with the ship in silence?

Offline JurassicCamper

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2003, 02:01:48 PM »

meerschaum wrote:
@Warface

what happens if ....?

If who ? Gensi or Amiga. You have pointed the finger in your thread, so we go full circle and another thread spirals down hill.

People just cant help them selves can they!

Offline PMC

• Show only replies by PMC
    • http://www.b3ta.com
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2003, 02:06:30 PM »
Well, IMHO the last thing this small "community" needs is to fragment, but that's exactly what is happenning with MOS/OS4/AROS.  This isn't to say that one "faction" is better than the other, just that it semes a strange way of going.  It could even kill this platform completely.

With a little more co-operation and a little less idiocy, we might find a way to co-exist to each other's mutual benefit.  The one thing that is driving to the point of leaving the scene altogether is the stupid, petty and bloody immature trolling/flaming/etc.  We're all making ourselves a laughing stock.

This is why you get total knobs like "Funeral" posting here.
Cecilia for President

Offline JurassicCamper

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2003, 02:21:34 PM »
@PMC  

I agree. who the hell is going to want to join this.

In effect we have a form of racism starting.

Black White
Blue Red

Call it what you want. Its got to end as its getting out of control.

Offline MarkTime

• Show only replies by MarkTime
    • http://www.tanooshka.com
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2003, 02:34:29 PM »
So let me get this straight.   You wrote a really long rant.   You realized everyone would not immediately agree with everything you say.   You deleted the rant.
Then you wrote another rant in its place about how people don't immediately agree with everything you say.

hmmmm
WOW

WOW

I've got to digest this, but suddenly the ranting world has opened up a whole new range of possibilities...its as if all these years I've been ranting, I've been blind...blind I tell you......