Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: creating a new amiga commercial video  (Read 1467 times)

Description:

Offline kengurTopic starter

• Show only replies by kengur
creating a new amiga commercial video
« on: January 28, 2007, 01:15:09 AM »
I`ve downloaded lots of videos and scanned prints of varoius Amiga commercials, mainly from Commodorebillboard.com. At that time I didn`t know exactly why do I need those, but few days later I`ve edited those into a quite good Amiga commercial video! And it took me just a couple of hours of work!

To make the long story short, I need some help of Amiga.org members and guests. I need LOTS of images and videos! Send me your video-taped amiga demos (grabbed and converted to avi or mpg, not smaller than 320x240), photos of your amiga, screengrabs of amiga programs in action, and ofcourse - your best work. the important thing is that all of those must be amiga-related. I also call for every living amiga-related company to send me their`s marketing stuff (that`s magazine publishers, hardware and software vendors, webamsters...)

I need all that stuff to complete the video i`ve started. the video already sports some old commercials and slogans, combined with appropriate music, resulting in very dynamic video footage (and yes, it says `turn off that win machine`). Estimated duration is about 3-4 minutes when done. I hope this won`t take much of your time and effort.

WHY AM I DOING THIS?
I always wanted to be a programmer but I don`t have the talent. This is the way for me to give something to the community. This video is not typical TV commercial and will not be created to be broadcasted anywhere; it`s only purpose is your viewing pleasure :)

Send your stuff to     b.progressive@gmail.com    
The top 5 uploaders (only quality counts!) will recieve complete full quality video on a CD via snail-mail, once it`s done.  If the material is too large to be sent via e-mail, don`t be lazy and send via snail mail. Just ask for the address.

Sorry about bad English,
Ivan

Offline AmiKit

Re: creating a new amiga commercial video
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 01:19:54 AM »
Does this qualify? :-?

Anyway, nice idea! Thanks for supporting the community.

Offline amigean

• Show only replies by amigean
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 01:49:22 AM »
Good luck with it.

Remember there's also Youtube (+ its clones) to help you disseminate the video. I look forward to seeing it.

Offline AMC258

• Show only replies by AMC258
    • http://www.AMC258.com/
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 01:54:34 AM »
Gee, where does one get the kind of equipment needed to produce a commercial?

How many of us programmers have powerful impressive Toasters that don't get any use!
Get up!  Get up!  Get outta here!  GONE!
  - Bob Uecker

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 10:43:39 PM »
@AMC258

This won`t be a $3 million production, but will be effective as one ;). If anyone is interested I`ll create a low-quality 10 seconds preview and put it online (just don`t know where yet)

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 02:59:07 PM »
btw thanks everyone for the link and ideas. they`re very useful. but still i need more stuff: amigaDE, os4, links to some HW images...

Offline Tomas

• Show only replies by Tomas
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 04:00:31 PM »
Gee, where does one get the kind of equipment needed to produce a commercial?

All you need is some talent, a computer with some video editing software and a little bit of time.. You would also need some hardware to capture video with if you are going to also make the video from scratch.