Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Whither Boogiegail?  (Read 1980 times)

Description:

Offline Liber777Topic starter

• Show only replies by Liber777
Whither Boogiegail?
« on: January 16, 2007, 09:32:06 PM »
Does anyone know how to contact the above eBay seller?  I've seen some mention of issues that some members here have had with her auctions.

Personally, I've experienced two trouble-free eBay purchases from her before, but now I have two more items that I paid for a month ago that haven't arrived.  I've sent emails and eBay messages her way, but I've received no response of any kind.

Thanks...
Stivan
<< Nothing is true, everything is permitted >>

THEN: Pre-ordered Amiga 1000 (1985), A3000, A4000 Video Toaster/Flyer. NOW: A500, A1000 x 2, A2500, A2000HD, A3000, NASA A2000 Telemetry System, NASA A4000 : VT[4], LightWave 3D, Fusion, Nuendo, Vue

Offline spihunter

• Show only replies by spihunter
Re: Whither Boogiegail?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 11:19:54 PM »
She's(?) posted stuff here for sale before. Some people have had good luck while others had a horrible experience.

Since you've been a frequent buyer, you might be seeing both sides :cry:

Offline Jeff

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Jeff
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 04:20:05 AM »
In my opinion people like that need to be put out of business. It's too bad because no matter what they have that I need I will never bid.

File a complaint with ebay and if you used paypal submit a claim for a refund. They will usually at least contact you at that point. You can also try and start a charge back with your credit card company if you have that option.

Good Luck,
Jeff

Offline weirdami

• Show only replies by weirdami
    • Http://Bindingpolymer.com
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 05:06:12 AM »
you could send her a pmail.
----
Binding Polymer: Keeping you together since 1892.

Offline justthatgood

• Show only replies by justthatgood
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 05:12:13 AM »
Well we finally got the payment from Boogiegail. Now due to our sicknesses and other job seeking commitments we can't get her stuff out right away. Before eBay shanghaied my account, I used to be very good about paying the sellers I bidded from, and shipping the stuff out of mine people paided for. I don't know, maybe I'm typing stuff out of madness. Poverty does that do you. You snap at people, you become impatient. You are generally not a nice person.

Ideally, I would have never started auctions or bidded into an auction before that I didn't have some dedication to. I don't understand her, but I guess she has her problems. I know we still have ours. Bleh. I never would have thought I would have cancelled my Bianca Neve CSPPC project. Now I think I might have to even sell one of my systems. Reality sucks.
[color=008000]Pluto[/color]:Amiga4KD- 64040/16megs/1GB WD/PAR 2150/1942/WB3.0,3.1,3.9
[color=800080]Amanda[/color]:Amiga2KHD/A2620/8MegSupraRam2k/A2091/VLab

Offline da9000

• Show only replies by da9000
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 05:27:43 AM »
@Jeff:

I agree 100%. I've not delt with said person so I can't comment about her (although I'm curious about her, I have to admit, because she's sniped auctions from me, and she also has "high profile" stuff, at least as far as Amiga equipement is concerned, and I was always thinking: who IS this person? But she's clearly not so much a collector as a reseller, at least from what I recall).

But back to the point: if you're a shop (online or offline), you have a certain responsibility to your customers! You can't just be "sick" and disappear. No. You get sick, your FIRST action after opening your eyes is getting someone to get you a laptop or some other means to contact your sellers. It's EXTREMELY unprofessional if you don't. I mean, think of a real-world shop where you ordered stuff and every day you were waiting and you'd pass by the lights would be off. What would you think of that, huh? Same thing here. It's unacceptable.

But that's what happens with low cost of entry into a merchant position. You don't have liability when you never put a dime down to "own your store". There's not much that can be taken away from you, unlike the real-world. So you end up with scum and people who SHOULDN'T be allowed to sell stuff as a shop, owning a shop and being unprofessional. If you can't do the job right, GET OUT of it. It won't help anyone one, not even yourself (as a seller), because sooner or later your customers will be pissed off and you're going to go out of business. Take some time off, make some time, and get back into it commited and dedicated and with time on your hands.

This also goes for people selling items they've "misplaced" or "mislaid" or "can't find". BS. You don't go into Safeway, Target, or a local store and you pay at the counter and then wait for the guy to bring the item only to come back and say it's not found, and then leave WITHOUT getting your money back. NO. First they find the item, THEN you pay, THEN you leave. Not the other way around.

It's simply ludicrus to pay and then have the seller tell you he can't find it. If he honestly can't, then the FIRST thing that should happen is to return you the money, THEN to message you and tell you that the item is not found, along with an apology, and if he's smart enough to keep you as a customer (to his UTTER benefit), then he should also include a "coupon" or "deal" with his apology, so you can buy another item.

Finally, I know what you're talking about Jeff:
I see a lot of sellers (I occasionaly sell stuff too, soo I'm also a seller btw, but not as a shop), with goodies that I would definitely buy, IF only they had a good record. And it's hard, tempting and annoying to have to weed through the losers and have to find the items you want from decent sellers, even though you see them right there on your screen!

Last hint for the original poster:
Be aware that after a certain amount of days you can't do a claim/complaint. So act fast, don't wait around, and certainly don't wait on promises. You paid on time. It's their turn to pay back on time.

Offline Argus

• Show only replies by Argus
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 11:03:39 AM »
I second what da9000 said; just file a complaint with eBay and Paypal and you'll see your stuff eventually (or they'll freeze her account until you do).  That is, I'm afraid, the only way to protect your investment in $$$.  I bought a few things from this seller and some arrived quickly, others only after many emails and even resorting to a complaint.  In all the late cases, I finally got some strange excuse like 'kid stuck a fork in his eye, somebody died, yada yada yada'.  Whether these were true or not, only one person really knows; but how long does it take to respond to an email after you've been waiting for a month?  Hell, my job only gives me three days bereavement maximum, and she must be running out of dying relatives by now.
posted on A2500+ C=2620 14MHz/8MbFast/1MbChip
dialed in @34K
Just livin\\\' the dream...

Offline shillard

• Show only replies by shillard
    • http://www.shillard.com
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 12:55:25 PM »
Utterly hopeless individual, avoid her like the plague.

Ewige Blumenkraft!

Offline d0pefish

• Show only replies by d0pefish
    • http://lavaburn.com
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 01:39:04 PM »
She's a f**king crook, and a very selfish individual.

She buys valuable Amigas, strips them, chops them up, and sells the individual parts at truly ridiculous prices. People like her are part of the reason why Amiga parts prices are sky high on eBay.

When she's not being an Amiga chop-shop, she's a con artist; if people aren't getting what they paid for, or not getting them at all.

IIRC, someone bought an A2000 from her and it arrived in a state that suggested it had been dropkicked off of a brick wall. He posted a video to show the extreme damage. This suggests she doesn't pay due attention to packing things properly, and in a way that prevents damage. With Amigas it's especially important, as parts are getting rarer and far less easy to replace.

Avoid her. Never, ever purchase from her. You can tell she's a crap seller just by looking at the feedback; it's enough to put any true eBayer off, not to mention the dozens of complaints on here. :madashell:

Offline K7HTH

• Show only replies by K7HTH
    • http://NewPeopleString.com
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2007, 01:41:24 PM »
I purchased a SD/FF from her about 18 months ago and she eventually shipped, but it took several weeks. She is notorious for slow shipping but the merchandise was good quality.
Own the Web... Go PeopleString! It\'s Huge!!

Offline dannyp1

• Show only replies by dannyp1
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2007, 02:04:10 PM »
I have bought from her/he several times with mixed results.  Some items were sent immediatly and some not so fast.  Overall I have been not unhappy because I got some things that were hard to find.  I am involved in an issue right now where I bought a MKII from her.  It took a couple of weeks to get but it works great and has the SCSI add-on which is what I really needed because it freed up a zorro slot.  The problem came because the listing included a manual which wasn't with the item.  When I inquired about it she wrote back and said she couldn't find it and would refund $15 to my account when she had some money in hers.  It's been over a week and I still don't have it.
Unlike the poster above I have no problem with the chop/shop way of selling.  If my (and it has) a4000 board goes bad do I want to buy one from her for $180 or buy a complete a4000 for $350 or more when all I need is the board?  Do I want to pay $400 for a MKII (which cost $900 new) or do I want to pay $600 for a computer with one in it?  If we all used the no chop/shop method we would be able to acquire new hardware for our systems only by buying a complete system when all we wanted was one item.  As far as the prices go the market drives them.  If the price is too high don't buy it.  Most of the prices that people complain about are still much lower than the original price of the item.  If Boogiegail posts items that don't sell many times they will be relisted at a lower price.  My only question is where the heck does she find so many desireable items?  Some of the things she sells you only see on Ebay a couple of times a year.  Does anyone know her source?    Dan :-?

Offline dannyp1

• Show only replies by dannyp1
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2007, 02:15:30 PM »
I should also add that if people like her didn't make the hard to find items available we might never get them.  How often do you see a Cyberstorm MKII with SCSI module on Ebay?  Not very often.  If people can't find and acquire items they need/want for their Amiga's the hobby will die.  How many people truly already have everything for their Amiga that they desire?  I'd say not very many and if everyone did the Amiga area of Ebay would have no activity at all and as we all know that is not the case.    Dan

Offline yetihw

• Show only replies by yetihw
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2007, 04:17:36 PM »
I think she's almost single handedly (eastcoaster.....ouch) made my classic cost at least 400 dollars more than it could have, ebay is nice for availability but horrid for bargins.  But I think we can all agree the Amiga hands down holds its value better than any computer out there.
Couldn\\\'t afford an amiga then can\\\'t afford one now.

Offline Starrfoxx

• Show only replies by Starrfoxx
    • http://kurzann.proboards23.com
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2007, 04:46:58 PM »
In case anyone is interested, this person just received another negative feedback.

IMO, I wouldn't trust this person.  If you do buy, prepare to dispute with your credit card company within the first 60 days.  I've worked with Bank of America credit card disputes in the past, and they have to resolve disputes within 90 days of the actual charge.  Don't wait 3 months to dispute a charge, otherwise they may not be able to help you.

Offline Liber777Topic starter

• Show only replies by Liber777
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2007, 07:50:45 PM »
I filed two complaints with eBay/PayPal.  I was hoping she would answer my emails and eBay messages to clear up the situation, but I can see she's left new feedback for buyers but has not addressed me at all.
<< Nothing is true, everything is permitted >>

THEN: Pre-ordered Amiga 1000 (1985), A3000, A4000 Video Toaster/Flyer. NOW: A500, A1000 x 2, A2500, A2000HD, A3000, NASA A2000 Telemetry System, NASA A4000 : VT[4], LightWave 3D, Fusion, Nuendo, Vue