Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: OS4 Update?  (Read 1632 times)

Description:

Offline stopthegopTopic starter

• Show only replies by stopthegop
OS4 Update?
« on: December 26, 2006, 01:07:18 PM »
Posted Christmas Eve on Amiga Impact is news item called "OS4, The Final Update".  Its in French though w/ no english link..  Can someone translate, pls?  

http://www.amigaimpact.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1691
Primary:
A4000T. Phase5 PPC604e-233mhz/060-66mhz. Mediator, Z3 Fastlane, Voodoo5, Delfina, X-Surf, AD516, Peggy Plus.

Collection:
A4000D, A1200, A500, Milan060 (Atari clone), Atari MegaSTE, Atari TT030, C64, C128, Mattel Aquarius, (2) HP Jornada....

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
Re: OS4 Update?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 01:29:31 PM »

Offline stopthegopTopic starter

• Show only replies by stopthegop
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 01:41:16 PM »
ok..  /me has not had any coffee yet this morning.   :shocked:
Primary:
A4000T. Phase5 PPC604e-233mhz/060-66mhz. Mediator, Z3 Fastlane, Voodoo5, Delfina, X-Surf, AD516, Peggy Plus.

Collection:
A4000D, A1200, A500, Milan060 (Atari clone), Atari MegaSTE, Atari TT030, C64, C128, Mattel Aquarius, (2) HP Jornada....

Offline GreggBz

• Show only replies by GreggBz
    • http://www.outerspacecrew.net
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 01:56:34 PM »
Does anyone have a hint as to what  

Availability of PowerPC hardware suitable for operation with Amiga OS 4.0 will be announced by third parties early 2007.

might mean specifically?

I say they start recycling old MACs.  :lol:

Offline yoodoo

• Show only replies by yoodoo
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 02:03:20 PM »
It probably means the SAM board.

NB that announcing the availability of something is not the same as announcing that something is available.

Offline jahc

• Show only replies by jahc
    • http://wookiechat.amigarevolution.com
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 02:04:53 PM »
Availability of PowerPC hardware suitable for operation with Amiga OS 4.0 will be announced by third parties early 2007.

A prototype of the SAM440EP (codenamed: Samantha) was shown at an Amiga show a few months ago.

Text from their website:
"Availability
Within the first quarter of 2007"

I'm not confident of them achieving that release date, but I believe this will be the first "post-A1" OS4 platform to make it to the market.

Offline dh1

• Show only replies by dh1
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 03:35:02 PM »
Hello!

I got a "Samantha440ep" motherboard "DVPlayer video player" for testing.
I bought him peripherals, new HDD, keyboard, mouse, monitor etc.

OS4.1 was a pre-installed on it. Neither operating system disc and did not get a serial number. The onboard DVI strange colors.

I bought a Radeon 9200 PCI card. Work. But the USB devices will not start. The picture does not do RADEON DVI, VGA only. What is wrong?

Perhaps it would be necessary to update 1 and 2? The update of the errors disappear?

Might not be able to help someone Samantha440ep OS4.1 update files?

Very thank you!

Offline Duce

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show only replies by Duce
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 04:53:14 PM »
DH1, if I recall correctly, you'll need to update the firmware on the SAM to make proper use of the add-on gfx card.  

Does the system work fine without the 9200?

I'd recommend just building a barebones SAM PC (board, power supply, drives) and install all OS updates and firmware upgrades then try the secondary graphics card.

Offline dh1

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 08:23:45 AM »
All available "firmware update" is installed (ACube web site)!

OS4.1 is a pre-installed on the machine (the 2008th year). Is not installed "update 1 & 2"! Because they did not get a OS4.1 CD. Currently not available anywhere "SAM 440ep OS4.1 CD. " Only motherboards together! So I can not download either. So this is a single 4.1.

ACube Systems Web site of the dual graphics update files downloaded and installed (PCIGraphics -> devs and P96Settings loaded).

The onboard DVI is not well displayed in the colors!

SAM440 is a time when it starts up displays a picture of the DVI interface labeled OS4.1. When I finished only a VGA interface displays the operating system. DVI black.
 Where can I be selected to give a picture of a DVI connector?

In addition, since the Radeon is installed on the USB devices do not operate simultaneously (eg. mouse and keyboard). This has been resolved to an external USB hub with power supply is connected to the computer. But then after the boot is also connected to the USB devices work only ...

This is the 1-and 2-year upgrade resolved?

I just can not get updates. Former owner of the machine can not reach it. Traveled abroad permanently.

If I understand this is a prototype SAM440ep!

Offline Duce

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 12:41:40 PM »
Update 1, if I recall correctly - is downloadable from Hyperion and is a full install.  .iso image that can be burned to a CD.  Update 2 is simply a patch/LHA file.

As for obtaining it, you'll have to contact Hyperion to see what they can do for support in your case.  It's a plan vanilla install requiring no serial number, so sharing it would be against the EULA.

NOTE:  just looked on Hyperion support.  Update 1 is indeed an .iso/cd image, available to registered users.  Burn it to a disc and it installs fine.  

Sam440InstallCD-Upd1.lha  -  143834349 bytes  
2010-01-14  -  Update One for AmigaOS 4.1 for the SAM440

Offline dh1

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 05:43:01 PM »
The serial number can download upgrades only. Me there is none, because the operating system pre-installed. Sorry, can not now nowhere to buy SAM440ep OS4.1. ACube dealer is only able to sell motherboards with. I already have a motherboard ... it's a trap ... : (
 Somebody must have "update files" if there could be ... I'd be grateful! :(

Offline Duce

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 05:57:53 PM »
You should have got the CD, or serial number from the previous owner, at a bare minimum.

If not, contact Hyperion and explain your situation.  Not much to do other than that.  You should have received a CD with it, which would have had the serial number, but didn't.  Contact them and explain the situation, give the previous owners name, etc.

4.1 update 1 is a full install, not a mere patch.  You burn it to a CD, it's an install disk.  (That is assuming you have access to Hyperion's support mechanisms to get it).  4.1 u2 is a "patch".  As much as I'd like to "help a brother out", I can't risk losing my own OS4 license rights by passing it on.  Hyperion are good folks to deal with, contact them and explain the situation.

Forgive me if I'm missing something in the translation here.  Talk to Hyperion for support.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 06:24:32 PM by Duce »