amiga.org

iconAll times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:25 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

Amiga.org Amiga computer related discussion Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion Mediatro ZIV install problems..

Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion This forum is dedicated to the discussion and resolution of issues related to Classic and Next Generation Amiga hardware. Got a problem with a piece of hardware? Click to speak.

Old 09-18-2006, 12:31 PM   #1
Leifern
Technoid
Points: 8,184, Level: 61 Points: 8,184, Level: 61 Points: 8,184, Level: 61
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Default Mediatro ZIV install problems..

Hi all,

I've bought a Mediator ZIV (Rev 1.1 !!!!!) with lots of nice PCI cards from Efunzine.com. And i tried to install it today, but ran into som problems. I don't know if they are HW or SW related. After installing the Mediator and setting the jumpers correctly i booted with my Voodoo3 in the fourth PCI slot (Still having the monitor connected to the PIV of course). But when i try to install the software from the Mediator MM cd, nothing happends. I press the install button, choose "install FORREAL" and press "Next" and ... nothing. The installer dissapears..? I try again, same thing. I heard about the "Hardware key", nut i get no error when booting, and everything comes up OK in the "boot menu".

Any ideas? Please help, i've been waiting so long for this! :-?

Leifern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 01:45 PM   #2
JaXanim
Defender of the Faith
Points: 7,853, Level: 59 Points: 7,853, Level: 59 Points: 7,853, Level: 59
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Re: Mediatro ZIV install problems..

I have a Mediator Z4 running a VooDoo5, but my Zorro/PIV wouldn't run alongside it. Something about timing differences I'm told. Anyway, your software install problem sounds a bit odd, though it's years since I messed around with the Mediator.

Have you confirmed the installer works with other stuff? Maybe your C:installer command needs checking?

Cheers, JaX
Old 09-18-2006, 03:06 PM   #3
Leifern
Technoid
Points: 8,184, Level: 61 Points: 8,184, Level: 61 Points: 8,184, Level: 61
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Haha, thats great! Thanks alot. The insstaller in the fresh OS3.9 doesn't work with the Mediator CD.. Wierd.. Thanks for solving my problem?

I think i'm gonna have to get rid of my PicassoIV aswell.. To much hassle! What is your solution, JaXanim? I would like to run old software.. Whould i go for a scandoubler/Flickerfixer?

How are PCI soundcards working now?

All the best,
Leif Kielland
Leifern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 04:11 PM   #4
JaXanim
Defender of the Faith
Points: 7,853, Level: 59 Points: 7,853, Level: 59 Points: 7,853, Level: 59
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Glad to help. I assume you have an A1200T. If so, check that the MMCD installer has placed the correct libraries in the Libs:Warp3D drawer. The MMCD I have (dated 2001) puts the A4000 libraries in, which is incorrect. Use the MedConfig utility to check them. It will tell you if the A1200 libs are missing. You should remove any A4000 stuff you find. I guess Elbox will have fixed this error in later issues of the CD.

As for running old software, nothing beats the PIV, so it's worth trying to get it running with your VooDoo. It should work OK, but if it doesn't then a SD/FF is the way to go I think. I didn't bother, even though I spent all my time running LightWave5. LW5 is written around the Picasso, but I found a nice way to run it on VooDoo5 using one of the Mode Promoters (forget which one).

In my other pci slots I have an ethernet, tv card and a Spider USB. Couldn't get my A1200 to talk to my laptop and the USB mouse failed to work so that more or less made me give up on the whole thing. I rarely have my Amiga running these days even though I've spent a King's ransom on it. Keep your PIV as an investment unless you need the cash.

Cheers, JaX

[EDIT: Can't comment on pci sound cards. I use a zorro Prelude, but I think the pci solutions are probably much better these days.]