Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Need help to install OS3.9 on a scsi HD using a scsi CDROM both on CS-PPC...  (Read 672 times)

Description:

Offline keropiTopic starter

• Show only replies by keropi
Well, I need some info here...
this is what I have:

the scsi disk of the csppc
a scsi cdrom and an IDE 80GB hd, connected to the scsi chain using an Acard 7720UW connector .
I have another IDE hd with 3.9 installed, so I booted from it and the SCSI devices show up on the UNITCONTROL program. Since they show up OK, I figured I removed the IDE HD, put the 3.9 emergency floppy on the drive and boot having the 3.9cd on the scsi cdrom.
But I get a requester to insert the CD plus an error that scsi.device 1 is not accesible (I guess since it searches an IDE cdrom...) so do I need to install a driver or something in start-up sequence, like the FastATA I had???
any info?  :-?

Offline Flashlab

• Show only replies by Flashlab
Make the CD mountfile point to the correct device. I don't know what it is. On my setup it's called cybscsi.device but that's with a CS MK2.
Amiga 4000D Cyberstorm PPC 060@50 604@200 SCSI 130Mb Ram G-Rex Voodoo3 PicassoIV Paloma Ariadne Delfina Lite

Online Flash version of BoulderDash: Offline...

Offline Amigaz

• Show only replies by Amigaz

Flashlab wrote:
Make the CD mountfile point to the correct device. I don't know what it is. On my setup it's called cybscsi.device but that's with a CS MK2.

it's cybppc.device, the device number shoould be the SCSI id if the cd-rom

like the error you got: scsi.device 1, means it was looking for device nr.1 which is the SLAVE on your IDE cable
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Amiga 4000T - A3640 '040
Amiga 4000 - CS MKIII
Amiga 1200 - Blizzard 1230 MKIV
Amiga 1200 - Stock
Amiga CD32 - TF360
A bunch of ol' A500's

Offline keropiTopic starter

• Show only replies by keropi
so, WHAT file do I edit to point to the cybppc.device ???

Offline Flashlab

The cd mountfile. It's in Devs/DOSdrivers. Mine's called CD0 but that could differ. On the Emergency floppy it is usually called Emergency_CD or something.

Edit that file with ed or some other program.
Amiga 4000D Cyberstorm PPC 060@50 604@200 SCSI 130Mb Ram G-Rex Voodoo3 PicassoIV Paloma Ariadne Delfina Lite

Offline Framiga

• Show only replies by Framiga
try to remove the CDx: icons descriptor from SYS:Devs/Dosdrivers (which probably points to CD0: scsi.device 1 or so)

AFAIK (never tryed) the CSPPC CD support, doesn't needs any mountfile. (you have to mount it, from the CSPPC scsi menu)

Offline Flashlab

Oh yeah that's true! It appears that the CSPPC can boot from cd-rom. That would be cool!