Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Video Toaster Install disk ?  (Read 1489 times)

Description:

Offline MugoTopic starter

• Show only replies by Mugo
Video Toaster Install disk ?
« on: June 25, 2006, 03:10:11 PM »
          Hello Guys,

Maybe i'm doing it in the wrong way. Maybe it would be better to contact Newtek directly. But i don't believe they can help me the way i need/want.

Well, i've acquired a VT 4000 card recently, and i have the VT 4.1 CD-Rom.
     The previous owner told me that i need a boot diskette, in order to install the CD-Rom software. But he hadn't this disk anymore (got damaged, and he dumped it).
     Do someone here have this disk, and can send me an ADF (ADZ or DMS) image of the thing ?
     I don't even know if the card is working. I need to install the software for testing purposes.
     As i said before, maybe Newtek would the way to go, but i do live in Brazil, and i don't think they have images of these disks to send me, and sending me the real thing would take too long. I would like to test the board as soon as possible.

Thank you all or any help.

Offline tonyvdb

Re: Video Toaster Install disk ?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 02:24:02 AM »
Hi Mugo,
There never was a disk with drivers for CD rom supplied with the Toaster software unless you are using the Toaster with the Flyer addon it cant be done without a CD rom drive already installed. The 4.1 install has a singal floppy disk that has some updates to the CD rom and you do need that disk to do the install but is has nothing to do with the drivers for CDrom.
The only way to get around this is to get the 3.1 software virsion (40 floppy disks). I have them but shipping would be a fair bit to you from Canada.
Amiga 2000HD Indivision ECS
Amiga 4000D towerised OS 3.1 and 3.9 on CF cards
Indivision AGA, Mediator 4000
Video Toaster 4000 Flyer v4.3 Millenium.
202gig of video drive space & 5gig audio.

Offline Tigger

• Show only replies by Tigger
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 03:36:09 AM »
VT 4.1 is for use with the Flyer, if you have a flyer the CD does have CD drivers, if you dont have a flyer you really need to get the 4.3 update (or 3.5) both of which have the latest Toaster only software on CD.   Also you didnt say which kind of amiga its in, if you have to go the floppy route, its a much smaller install on an ECS amiga.  I probably have the floppy, not sure I still have a working Amiga to make an ADF of.  Your best bet is to join the Toaster/Flyer list on Yahoo (VTFML), in you message put that I (Bill Evans) suggested you join, and Paul Lara or I will approve you right away (we have that method up to cut down on the spammers, there are lots of spammers).  I just checked and the disk isnt in the files section of the group, (Though lots of cool stuff is there), but someone I am sure will be able to send you the disk in question.  It used to be in a strange place on the Newtek site, but couldnt find it today.  Hope this helped.
      -Tig
Well you know I am scottish, so I like sheep alot.
     -Fleecy Moss, Gateway 2000 show

Offline ltstanfo

• Show only replies by ltstanfo
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 03:44:54 AM »
Tigger,

I have the install floppies (3.1 software) and the later CDROMs.  Just let me know what you need to copy.

Regards,
Ltstanfo
Gee Brain... what do you want to do tonight?

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 03:54:28 AM »
Hello Guys,

Thank you all very much for the replies so far.

But i've been misunderstood. And it was because of my lame English !   :roll:

I don't need any kind of CD-Rom drivers to the Amiga in question. I meant that i need to install the VT software, that's on the CD that i have. The 4.1 version.

By the way, my system is an A4000 recently moved to a tower case, with a Cyberstorm PPC, 128MB RAM, CVPPC, a Mediator board with Voodoo 3 and Realtek Ethernet card, and SCSI HD and CD-Rom.

I just can't install the Toaster software from the CD, because i don't know where to put the files. I hadn't any previous contact with Toaster systems (besides watching some presentations).

Anyway, thank you Tigger, for the suggestion in joining the Toaster mailing list. I'll do that.

Oh ! And on the software version matter, doesn't the 4.1 version have all the files that i need to test my VT board ?

I'm not using my Video Toaster to anything really "serious", or professional. I just wanna play with it a bit :-P

Thanks again Guys.

Offline Gojirax

• Show only replies by Gojirax
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 05:39:48 AM »
Hey Tigger. I just submitted a request to join VTFML as Collinmactavish (My Yahoo handle)

I've got a Toaster 4000 that I'm slowly building up. I've never used a Toaster 4000, but I've used a Toaster 2000 and never had a Flyer yet (But I'm looking for one)

P.S.
I just won an Auction on Ebay for Toaster/Flyer software v4.1b and it appears to come with two floppies. (They look like the "b" update though?

Offline TjLaZer

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 05:49:07 AM »
I have those disk in ADF format, I will send them to you, pmail me.
Going Bananas over AMIGAs since 1987...

Looking for Fusion Fourty PNG ROMs V3.4?

:flame: :banana: :banana: :banana:

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2006, 02:34:14 PM »

TjLaZer wrote:
I have those disk in ADF format, I will send them to you, pmail me.

Just mailed you in the address that's on your profile.
Thank you !

@ Thread

Thank's again guys, for all your help !

Offline tonyvdb

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2006, 03:50:41 PM »
The 4.1 CD has all the files you need to use with the Toaster or Flyer it will ask you if you want the Flyer files installed or not just say no.
You need the floppy to do the install as it has the install program on it. It will then access the 4.1 CD for the main instalation.
Amiga 2000HD Indivision ECS
Amiga 4000D towerised OS 3.1 and 3.9 on CF cards
Indivision AGA, Mediator 4000
Video Toaster 4000 Flyer v4.3 Millenium.
202gig of video drive space & 5gig audio.

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2006, 05:18:16 PM »

tonyvdb wrote:
The 4.1 CD has all the files you need to use with the Toaster or Flyer it will ask you if you want the Flyer files installed or not just say no.
You need the floppy to do the install as it has the install program on it. It will then access the 4.1 CD for the main instalation.

Yep . . . I know that, and it's what i tried to tell you on my first post on this topic.

But i don't have this floppy disk. I'm seeking for an ADF image of this disk so i can test my Toaster.

Thank you for your advice.