Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Testimony from former AInc developer, Mr Peck (?)  (Read 9303 times)

Description:

Offline takemehomegrandmaTopic starter

• Show only replies by takemehomegrandma
Testimony from former AInc developer, Mr Peck (?)
« on: May 02, 2003, 12:21:10 PM »
April 2003: Bill has to come in and testify about his finances. Of course, he's broke. He can't pay. This is when we learn of the new CEO, Gary Hare, and Bill's virtual washout by the Dutch firm.
Meanwhile: Wow, those health bills and stuff really hozed our credit rating, we can't buy a house.
Tears are shed, its a bad scene. This is what working for Amiga, Incorporated brought me.
I work as a bicycle mechanic in Bellevue, Washington now. At this rate, we'll be out of debt in about six years.
We spent our retirement accounts etc. while living without pay and believing in the dream, being strung along with promises of money, its almost here, your stock options might be huge, blah blah blah..
This is my story. You will note that Amiga's financial troubles began long before 9/11, before the tech downturn got crazy and so on..

A very interesting (and extremely sad) story, if it's true. Is it? I think so. Read the complete post in it's full context over at:

http://www.ann.lu/comments2.cgi?show=1051799407&category=forum&number=32#comment

Suddenly it all makes sense to me! Not just this Amiga Inc CEO issue, but I think it explains a lot of what has happened to Amiga Inc during the past years. It answeres a lot of questions regarding "Amiga Incorporated" that previously was left completely unanswered.
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

Re: Testimony from former AInc developer, Mr Peck (?)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2003, 12:25:15 PM »
yep I read the same thing... it is indeed sad...and in my opinon  maybe even pathetic on the part of AI...if indeed it does turn out to be true... ... I believe it is...

Offline Paul_Gadd

• Show only replies by Paul_Gadd
    • http://elunatic.host.sk/start.html
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2003, 12:35:40 PM »
That is heavy duty and quite depressing to read.

Offline Herewegoagain

• Show only replies by Herewegoagain
    • Http://www.ncscaug.us
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2003, 01:07:25 PM »
Yeah, and let's not forget what happened with Viscorp as well.  Remember Bill Buck's other "Amiga" company???
North and South Carolina Users interested in a \\\'local\\\' user group should visit NCSC Amiga Users Group page and sign up for membership. It\\\'s free!

Offline takemehomegrandmaTopic starter

• Show only replies by takemehomegrandma
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2003, 01:15:42 PM »
@ Herewegoagain

I was tempted to respond to that, but that is another topic. You know it. If you want to discuss Viscorp, then start another thread.
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

Offline greenboy

• Show only replies by greenboy
    • http://PhiNiXi.com
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2003, 01:38:53 PM »
Well. Here we go again with Herwegoagain - just posted the same on ANN and I responded thusly in the following comment:

I'll trot out the weekly Ralph Jolyon quote here to save myself any wasted thought ; }

"Oh, and a quick word about the rumours about Almathera/Viscorp - a lot of things were said about the demise of Almathera and viscorp's part in it, some attributed to me, which were simply not true. If they were true I wouldn't be so happy to be working with Bill again, and I'm certainly happy to!"

Sorry, takemehomegrandma.
<-- greenboy ---<<<<

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2003, 01:44:06 PM »
@Herewegoagain

What in the bloody hell does Viscorp or Bill Buck have to do with the FACT that Amiga Inc nearly destroyed Bolton Peck's entire livelyhood?  Here's a hint, absolutely nothing.

It's just yet another quite boring and predictable attempt by those of you who feel Amiga Inc can do no wrong to divert attention from the fact that they (Amiga Inc) aren't quite perfect.

I for one KNOW Bolton's story is true.  I have no doubts whatsoever.  If you can't accept the facts, this isn't my problem.  I'm simply very, very glad I never took them up on the Job offer in June of 2000 or I'd be right along with Bolton.

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2003, 01:45:56 PM »
aren't quite perfect.

you can say that again ... :roflmao:

Offline huronking

• Show only replies by huronking
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2003, 02:57:57 PM »
Does this mean we're not getting our T-Shirts?

Offline greenboy

• Show only replies by greenboy
    • http://PhiNiXi.com
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2003, 03:08:04 PM »
huronking, who knows. Maybe the "tire repair guy" might even get a t-shirt out of this ordeal.
<-- greenboy ---<<<<

Offline Herewegoagain

• Show only replies by Herewegoagain
    • Http://www.ncscaug.us
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2003, 03:13:13 PM »
I think it has alot to do with the current campain by people who seem to want to keep starting these anti-Amiga threads.  Just remember where the company you are supporting came from.  They are not with completely clean hands either.  Of course you will all dispute it and claim their innocence to the end... and then you call the rest of us "cheerleaders".  

I personally have never said Amiga hasn't or cannot do any wrong.  I know they can and have.  But if everyday that you came into the forum and someone were creating a new thread about how terrible Genesi are, wouldn't you get kinda tired of it?  I am not here to support "Amiga Inc" directly, although by supporting Hyperion and Eyetech, I do indirectly support AI. But you guys need to give this stuff a rest.  You are all starting to sound like Bill Buck.
North and South Carolina Users interested in a \\\'local\\\' user group should visit NCSC Amiga Users Group page and sign up for membership. It\\\'s free!

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2003, 03:21:41 PM »
@herewegoagain,

It's not about pro this, or anti that anything.  If anything, my only severe interest is in unveiling the truth.  If Genesi had lied to this community on the same level it now appears Amiga Inc is guilty of, I would accept (demand) proof of that as well.  

I know that's hard for some to accept, but the people who have trouble accepting it are the same people who don't understand that Anti-Amiga Inc does NOT equal Pro {insert company X}.

After 12 years of supporting the Amiga community, and 6 years of dealing directly with McEwen, I want ... no ... I demand the truth from the people involved, and I eventually will get it ... by legal means, one way or another.  It's that simple.

If I am wrong, then I will apologize.  That too is simple.

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2003, 03:26:02 PM »
/me refills the popcorn supply, gets a few cases of coke and settles on the couch.

:roll:

Offline PulsatingQuasar

• Show only replies by PulsatingQuasar
    • http://none
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2003, 03:53:47 PM »
After 12 years of supporting the Amiga community, and 6 years of dealing directly with McEwen, I want ... no ... I demand the truth from the people involved, and I eventually will get it ... by legal means, one way or another. It's that simple.

'Legal means' is what's the problem nowadays.

You might get the truth or justification or whatever you do it for but in the end you will have destroyed a lot also.
BlizzardPPC powered!!
AmigaOne-XE G3 800 MHz, 512 MB RAM, Radeon 8500, OS4

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2003, 03:57:22 PM »
PulsatingQuasar,

but in the end you will have destroyed a lot also.

I don't know about you sir, but I don't want to be any part of something the truth could destroy.  Truth is salvation.  The truth will set you free.  Sometimes the truth hurts.