amiga.org

iconAll times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:42 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

Amiga.org Amiga computer related discussion General chat about Amiga topics Movies, Commodore machines has been shown in?

General chat about Amiga topics This forum is for conversations which are specifically "Amiga" related, but don't fit into other categories. Contents of this forum do appear on the main page, unlike Talk About. If a subject appears to be non-related, it will be moved to Talk About.

Old 05-01-2006, 09:59 AM   #31
Raffaele
Technoid
Points: 3,464, Level: 36 Points: 3,464, Level: 36 Points: 3,464, Level: 36
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Default Re: Movies, Commodore machines has been shown in?

- I confirm A500 spotted into "Betrayed" the movie.

- Also Amiga was shown into: Max Headroom TV series

- Again *** (Three stars'cameo) Star Trek IV Voyage Home

Just check the fonts of the Vulcan multi-screen Super Computer of 400 years yet to came, that Mr. Spock uses to train again the "Ways of Logic".

It was shown "Garnet Font" if I remember well. And I wrote a line about this fact on Wikipedia also. :-D

How bad it was used for special effects and not shown in all its beauty.

And I remember you all that in the same movie Macintosh Plus sure looks poor and "How Quaint!" relict of the past, as stated by Commander Scotty, while Amiga is the best computer of the future as choosen by the most logic race in the entire universe. :-D

- Again I have seen Amiga in Baywatch TV series.

- Also again I have seen A1000 with external sidecar and external floppies in a movie (a comedy) in which three black very fat people trade them as false "medics" to assist a very rich white man which is sick due to some poison that his secretaries gave him.
(They were very very fat people and rap singers, and I believe these men were famous b-movies america black people rap-singers and comic-showmen of '80s).

The Amiga 1000 at the end of the movie collapse from upto a desk down onto floor and explodes.
(I think it was a trick with a void A1000 case because computer furnitures were very expensive in eighties.)

Unfortunately this movie passed during night movie show here in Italy, I started seeing it not from the opening and I couldn't reach the name of this b-movie-rated comedy.
Is there someone capable to find at least American title of this b-movie?
Raffaele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:01 AM   #32
moominpapa
Beginner
Points: 2,578, Level: 30 Points: 2,578, Level: 30 Points: 2,578, Level: 30
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Does nobody remember Neighbours? I know it is not strictly a movie but neither were some of the other posts.

They had what i think was an amiga 500 on a trolley with a monitor (like the trolleys you get in schools). They used to have it in Paul Robinsons office. Then when they did a scene in another location, that need a home computer, they would wheel in the same amiga on the same trolley. It was there for at least 5 years.
a500 creaky
moominpapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:16 AM   #33
redrumloa
Original Omega User
Points: 44,458, Level: 100 Points: 44,458, Level: 100 Points: 44,458, Level: 100
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Send a message via AIM to redrumloa

Quote:
- Again I have seen Amiga in Baywatch TV series.
It's spelled Babewatch 8-)
Old 05-01-2006, 10:19 AM   #34
leirbag28
Defender of the Faith
Points: 13,296, Level: 75 Points: 13,296, Level: 75 Points: 13,296, Level: 75
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Send a message via ICQ to leirbag28 Send a message via AIM to leirbag28 Send a message via MSN to leirbag28 Send a message via Yahoo to leirbag28

@Raffaele

The Fat rappers are "The Fat Boys" and they were very very famous here in America...especially New York.....and the Movie was probably called "Disorderlies" :-D

leirbag28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:21 AM   #35
redrumloa
Original Omega User
Points: 44,458, Level: 100 Points: 44,458, Level: 100 Points: 44,458, Level: 100
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Send a message via AIM to redrumloa

Quote:
The Fat rappers are "The Fat Boys" and they were very very famous here in America...especially New York.....and the Movie was probably called "Disorderlies" :-D
One of them got skinny and the other one died :-(
Old 05-01-2006, 10:28 AM   #36
Raffaele
Technoid

Quote:
leirbag28 wrote:
@Raffaele

Thanks for the info.

Old 05-01-2006, 11:19 AM   #37
Raffaele
Technoid

Regarding Music Video featuring Amigas, I have seen some in the eighties showing Amigas, but at this precise moment I am not capable to recall them well.

- Again there are the Music Videos of Todd Rundgren the musician which are all made with Amiga and featuring Amigas.

And finally here in Italy there is a comic book made by famous mac-holics.
Its name is "Martin" Mystere By Bonmelli Editore Press, from the team lead by Alfredo Castelli .

This comic strip talks about a scientist involved in mysteries such as Atlantis, UFOs, ghosts, Area 51, crop circles, and related amazing and impossible topics.

But it is not as usual comic-strips ones.

It is very very a mix of culture, history, trivia and it is such an uninformal comic strip with lots of humor, action, intelligent talking, suspence and amazing impossible endings. I love it.

http://www.bvzm.org/

http://www.bvzm.com/

In Italy here was also lessons about Martin Mystere into Universities in lessons on literature and literature para-phenomena such as comics.

Unfortunately the comic makers are mac-holics, and made even the main character Martin Mystere Ph.D. (Martin Mystery as edited in USA by Dark Horse Comics) crazy and mac-holic himself.
Martin Mystere even upgraded its macintosh models various times during these 25 years of the comic-strip press releases, starting from its ancient first one computer: a Macintosh Plus.

Comic makers are so in love with Apple Macintosh that they even usually draw it into MM image poses.

This italian comic-strip shown once a time even an Amiga, :-o in a story talking about computer viruses.

They drawn strips showing SCA Virus acting on the A1084 monitor of an A1000... But they canceled the name "Amiga" on the drawn case of A1000 into the strip.
(I love the comic makers of "Good Ol'Uncle Marty" because they are great and very very intelligent people but they are such some ba-*BEEP*-ards when they glorify their macintoshes such as COMPUTER GODS ENTITIES...

But maybe simply they canceled Amiga name to avoid to be sued by Commodore which was still alive, in those days the virus adventure of MM was released).

Some of you could have known about Martin Mystery due to the recent anime TV series featuring a young Martin, Java the neanderthalian and his girlfriend Diana Lombard.

P.S.: commodore C64 spotted in cameos:

Regarding movies featuring C64 I remember you all of C64 playing cruise missiles flying in wireframe 3D graphics 2frame-per-second animation (eh, eh, eh!) :-D into "Never Say Never Again" 007 movie with Sean Connery.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:33 PM   #38
nadoom
Cult Member
Points: 8,708, Level: 62 Points: 8,708, Level: 62 Points: 8,708, Level: 62

Amiga 500 was used in neighbours, it even had commodore mentioned in the credits.. that was back in the days when paul robinson was a hot shot before he had the breakdown..

i know to much..

cant get it out of my head..
Old 05-04-2006, 04:50 PM   #39
Hyperspeed
Defender of the Faith

Quote:
by nadoom:
Amiga 500 was used in neighbours
[bizarre coincidence]
Ramsey was a chip in the A3000 wasn't it... and Neighbours was set in Ramsey Street!
[/bizarre coincidence]
Hyperspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 07:43 PM   #40
weirdami
Desperately needs a life
Points: 17,913, Level: 85 Points: 17,913, Level: 85 Points: 17,913, Level: 85
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

@leirbag28

Quote:
...and the Movie was probably called "Disorderlies"
I used the search feature and now I resurrect this old thread to confirm this fact. ops: I saw it last night. They reuse the computer in several scenes and in one scene where one of the fat boys is dancing on a desk, he accidentally kicks the monitor off and there is a small explosion before someone else catches it.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:57 PM   #41
mingle
Cult Member
Points: 13,699, Level: 76 Points: 13,699, Level: 76 Points: 13,699, Level: 76
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Yeah, Red Dwarf...

As well as the C64, there are a couple of Amiga 2000 keyboards used in various episodes. The one that springs to mind is the 'Holoship' where there are A2000 keyboards on view in a few scenes...

I think there are also some in the control room of Red Dwarf...
mingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:24 PM   #42
gdanko
Cult Member
Points: 10,110, Level: 67 Points: 10,110, Level: 67 Points: 10,110, Level: 67

I recall seeing a 64 in War Games
gdanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:31 PM   #43
Nlandas
Cult Member
Points: 8,251, Level: 61 Points: 8,251, Level: 61 Points: 8,251, Level: 61
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Quote:
Raffaele wrote:
The Amiga 1000 at the end of the movie collapse from upto a desk down onto floor and explodes.
(I think it was a trick with a void A1000 case because computer furnitures were very expensive in eighties.)

Unfortunately this movie passed during night movie show here in Italy, I started seeing it not from the opening and I couldn't reach the name of this b-movie-rated comedy.
Is there someone capable to find at least American title of this b-movie?
That ones easy - The Fat Boys in the movie Disorderlies. It was the first time I saw an Amiga in a movie or on TV.

-Nyle
Old 02-24-2008, 08:16 AM   #44
Einstein
Technoid
Points: 7,822, Level: 59 Points: 7,822, Level: 59 Points: 7,822, Level: 59

The dude playing John Lock in Lost also starred the Stepfather movies. In Stepfather 3 his stepson + A500 + modem give him a hard time: http://www.allmovieportal.com/m/1992_Stepfather_3_-_Father's_Day95.html
Old 02-24-2008, 09:00 AM   #45
Crom00
Defender of the Faith
Points: 11,396, Level: 70 Points: 11,396, Level: 70 Points: 11,396, Level: 70
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

I think the show: Clarissa explains It all from Nickeloden in the 90s either used Amiga behind the scenes or in front of the camera.

Nick Arcade: A show where kids were transported into a Video Game via green screen also used Amigas. They used Amiga 3000 and GVP's Impact Vision 24 to make custom 24 bit 2d graphics. Quite nice. Was at Nickeloden in NYC and someone brought it up, an I explained the whole us of Amigs.

They use almost 100% macs now.

I think one of the prizes as a commdore Amiga

Crom00 is offline   Reply With Quote