amiga.org

iconAll times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:31 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

Amiga.org Amiga computer related discussion Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion Toastscan Scandoubler Help Please!

Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion This forum is dedicated to the discussion and resolution of issues related to Classic and Next Generation Amiga hardware. Got a problem with a piece of hardware? Click to speak.

Old 01-25-2006, 10:22 AM   #1
w00p
Beginner
Points: 4,828, Level: 44 Points: 4,828, Level: 44 Points: 4,828, Level: 44
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Default Toastscan Scandoubler Help Please!

I recently purchased a Toastscan Scandoubler hoping I could use one of my Amiga's with a PC monitor. I hooked up my A1200 the other night to an older Mitsubishi 17" and it wouldn't work correcty. It's kind of hard to explain, but the picture would shake, and eventually go black. The little green LED on the Scandoubler was flashing while this was going on. I would then need to power down the Amiga, and try it again. I switched between PAL and NTSC, tried changing the screen resolutions through Workbench, and even tried adjusting the small screw on the back of the Scandoubler.

I grabbed another monitor I had, this time a 15" LCD Compaq flat panel, and the same thing happened. I couldn't get a clear picture, or one that lasted -- it would eventually shake, and go black. I tried another Amiga 1200 and the same thing happened. I even tried my Amiga 500 and it lasted a little longer, but eventually it did the same thing.

For a final test, I grabbed another monitor, this time a 19" Dell LCD flat panel (roughly 3 months old), and this wouldn't work at all -- it kept telling me to check the cable.

My question is -- Am I doing something wrong? Was I incorrect in thinking that it would just be a simple plug-n-play to get this working? Am I missing something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated after dishing out $150 on this piece of hardware.

Thanks in advance.
w00p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 10:53 AM   #2
alexh
Desperately needs a life
Points: 13,977, Level: 76 Points: 13,977, Level: 76 Points: 13,977, Level: 76

Send a message via ICQ to alexh Send a message via MSN to alexh Send a message via Yahoo to alexh
Default Re: Toastscan Scandoubler Help Please!

You wont be able to use some flat panels with the ToastScan / Indivision.

When the Amiga is in PAL resolution the ToastScan / Indivision outputs 50Hz and some TFT monitors cannot sync below 60Hz.

That doesnt explain what you are seeing.
alexh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 11:10 AM   #3
bubba
Too much caffeine
Points: 7,053, Level: 55 Points: 7,053, Level: 55 Points: 7,053, Level: 55

Default Re: Toastscan Scandoubler Help Please!

You need to adjust the phase tuner, the small brass screw on the back, until the picture is stable.

-bubba
bubba is offline   Reply With Quote