Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Death of the Grapevine  (Read 1061 times)

Description:

Offline CyberusTopic starter

• Show only replies by Cyberus
Death of the Grapevine
« on: August 18, 2005, 01:02:26 PM »
Not sure when it died, but for your interest, my original news item is here

The site is gone

Here's a post by Pazza of LSD, i.e. the original LSD, here

Maybe there's some more stuff about it around. Just an update for those who might be interested. Bascially some ppl tried to resurrect GV, failed, and some of the original members weren't too happy...

I loved GV back in the day, sometimes its all I did with my Amiga for days - read articles on GV!

edit: More here
I like Amigas

Re: Death of the Grapevine
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 09:01:14 PM »

Cyberus wrote:
Not sure when it died, but for your interest, my original news item is here

The site is gone

Here's a post by Pazza of LSD, i.e. the original LSD, here

Maybe there's some more stuff about it around. Just an update for those who might be interested. Bascially some ppl tried to resurrect GV, failed, and some of the original members weren't too happy...

I loved GV back in the day, sometimes its all I did with my Amiga for days - read articles on GV!

edit: More here

The D-Man of Combat 18 in that link was a snidey little racist nazi tosser.

I have vague memories of him being threatened by some big fella who was a coder in LSD (Data maybe?) at the digital Party in Rawmarsh, Rotherham in 94 (I think it was 94).  I have a memory of him dropping a full pint of lager on the floor, but can't be 100% on that as it was soooooooooo long ago.

We (I was in Slipstream at the time) even released a little Anti-Combat18 Intro at said party. :-)

Also I remember some bloke getting me stoned too. I was only a bambino at the time! :lol:

Offline CyberusTopic starter

• Show only replies by Cyberus
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 02:13:07 AM »
Quite topical considering what I've been shouting on about in other threads, but back then, when I was a young'un, 14/15, all the scene people I knew were well into piracy. Sure, I knew a couple of coders a musician and couple of gfx artists, but piracy is what really glued the scene together....
I like Amigas

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 02:22:53 AM »

Cyberus wrote:
Quite topical considering what I've been shouting on about in other threads, but back then, when I was a young'un, 14/15, all the scene people I knew were well into piracy. Sure, I knew a couple of coders a musician and couple of gfx artists, but piracy is what really glued the scene together....

Aye.  It certainly started it off anyway.

Offline Doody

• Show only replies by Doody
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2005, 09:17:23 AM »
How many Grapevines did LSD create ?  I've got 1-21 and thats all I can find on the net.

I used to have quite a few back in the days, as I come from Gainsborough myself where alot of LSD members came from.  I'm still a friend of Sidewinder who used to be a swapper/docs typer at the time and I am dying to boot these up on my Amiga and spend hours reading through them all.

So, if anyone knows if there are more than 21, could you let me know, many thanks.