Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The "Assembly 2004" winner DEMO is a MUST for commodore lovers....  (Read 1152 times)

Description:

Offline AntiriadTopic starter

• Show only replies by Antiriad
Assembly 2004

The demo name is : obsoleet_by_unreal_voodoo.zip

Offline Ilwrath

Re: The "Assembly 2004" winner DEMO is a MUST for commodore lovers....
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 06:59:04 AM »
Indeed.  I think there was a thread about it on here a while back.  (Might have been in one of the general discussion areas or got lost in the board-upgrade-malfunction nightmare.)  

Anyhow, it's great demo.  I pretty much smiled the whole way through.  (That is, the time it didn't crash out about 20 seconds in -- bit buggy, it is...)

It's worth the risk though.  Check it out, if you haven't already.

Offline adolescent

• Show only replies by adolescent
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 07:20:43 AM »
Very nice.   :-o
Time to move on.  Bye Amiga.org.  :(

Offline AntiriadTopic starter

• Show only replies by Antiriad
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 03:19:24 PM »
Let me guess....

I crushed in a Windows machine

Right? :-D

Ilwrath wrote:
Indeed.  I think there was a thread about it on here a while back.  (Might have been in one of the general discussion areas or got lost in the board-upgrade-malfunction nightmare.)  

Anyhow, it's great demo.  I pretty much smiled the whole way through.  (That is, the time it didn't crash out about 20 seconds in -- bit buggy, it is...)

It's worth the risk though.  Check it out, if you haven't already.

Offline bonkers

• Show only replies by bonkers
    • http://www.tulou.org
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 04:01:16 PM »
I must say that I find this demo to be absolute crap, it's a lame atempt (which sadly worked) to gain votes by a PC group. The demo includes no intressting stuff at all, and if they love the commodores so much why not make demos for them instead?

Demos like this have been done so so so many times before and I always find them boring.  
Money is just paper but good demos last forever.
Choose Life , Choose Scene

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2005, 04:03:31 PM »

bonkers wrote:
I must say that I find this demo to be absolute crap, it's a lame atempt (which sadly worked) to gain votes by a PC group. The demo includes no intressting stuff at all, and if they love the commodores so much why not make demos for them instead?

Demos like this have been done so so so many times before and I always find them boring.  

I guess you are an elite demo coder then?

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2005, 04:03:58 PM »
Ah yes, the ancient art of constructive criticism is played very professionally there :-P.

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2005, 04:30:20 PM »

odin wrote:
Ah yes, the ancient art of constructive criticism is played very professionally there :-P.

:lol:

guest1955

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2005, 05:39:34 PM »
I'll offer some (more constructive) critiscm even if Bonker's doesn't want to elaborate- the demo, while being entertaining to watch, doesn't offer that much in the way of programming trickery. It's merely a 3D Studio Max animation that is ran through a player (Although, maybe they engineered the player. I don't know). I think this could be a sign of the times though.

Offline Ilwrath

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2005, 07:15:04 PM »
I'll offer some (more constructive) critiscm even if Bonker's doesn't want to elaborate- the demo, while being entertaining to watch, doesn't offer that much in the way of programming trickery. It's merely a 3D Studio Max animation that is ran through a player (Although, maybe they engineered the player. I don't know). I think this could be a sign of the times though.

Well, surely, the demo is no technological masterpiece like the demos of old.  But, that said, no one says a modern demos HAVE to be highly technical, anymore.  The newer branching of catagories in demos are starting to show this fact.  I mean, there are still new demos for the old machines, and new 64k demos for modern platforms...  These catagories satisfy the more "purist" people.

But this was basically just a very good demo of the style it is....  An artistic/story.  Kind of a fun little journey through the changing times, complete with a catchy little musical score.  

On technical merits alone, it's a no-show, but the simple right-brain response is that I like it anyway.  :-)