amiga.org
     
iconAll times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:35 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

Amiga.org Amiga computer related discussion General chat about Amiga topics The "Assembly 2004" winner DEMO is a MUST for commodore lovers....

General chat about Amiga topics This forum is for conversations which are specifically "Amiga" related, but don't fit into other categories. Contents of this forum do appear on the main page, unlike Talk About. If a subject appears to be non-related, it will be moved to Talk About.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2005, 11:01 PM   #1
Antiriad
Hobbyist
Points: 7,845, Level: 59 Points: 7,845, Level: 59 Points: 7,845, Level: 59
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 59
Default The "Assembly 2004" winner DEMO is a MUST for commodore lovers....

Assembly 2004

The demo name is : obsoleet_by_unreal_voodoo.zip

Antiriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 11:59 PM   #2
Ilwrath
Kindred of Babble-on
Points: 12,982, Level: 74 Points: 12,982, Level: 74 Points: 12,982, Level: 74
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
Zookeeper Champion
 
Ilwrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 2,191
Default Re: The "Assembly 2004" winner DEMO is a MUST for commodore lovers....

Indeed. I think there was a thread about it on here a while back. (Might have been in one of the general discussion areas or got lost in the board-upgrade-malfunction nightmare.)

Anyhow, it's great demo. I pretty much smiled the whole way through. (That is, the time it didn't crash out about 20 seconds in -- bit buggy, it is...)

It's worth the risk though. Check it out, if you haven't already.
Ilwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 12:20 AM   #3
adolescent
Desperately needs a life
Points: 13,811, Level: 76 Points: 13,811, Level: 76 Points: 13,811, Level: 76
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
 
adolescent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,056
Default Re: The "Assembly 2004" winner DEMO is a MUST for commodore lovers....

Very nice. :-o
__________________
Time to move on. Bye Amiga.org.
adolescent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 08:19 AM   #4
Antiriad
Hobbyist
Points: 7,845, Level: 59 Points: 7,845, Level: 59 Points: 7,845, Level: 59
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 59
Default Re: The "Assembly 2004" winner DEMO is a MUST for commodore lovers....

Let me guess....

I crushed in a Windows machine

Right? :-D
Quote:

Ilwrath wrote:
Indeed. I think there was a thread about it on here a while back. (Might have been in one of the general discussion areas or got lost in the board-upgrade-malfunction nightmare.)

Anyhow, it's great demo. I pretty much smiled the whole way through. (That is, the time it didn't crash out about 20 seconds in -- bit buggy, it is...)

It's worth the risk though. Check it out, if you haven't already.
Antiriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:01 AM   #5
bonkers
Merely Curious
Points: 3,695, Level: 38 Points: 3,695, Level: 38 Points: 3,695, Level: 38
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 20
Default Re: The "Assembly 2004" winner DEMO is a MUST for commodore lovers....

I must say that I find this demo to be absolute crap, it's a lame atempt (which sadly worked) to gain votes by a PC group. The demo includes no intressting stuff at all, and if they love the commodores so much why not make demos for them instead?

Demos like this have been done so so so many times before and I always find them boring.
__________________
Money is just paper but good demos last forever.
Choose Life , Choose Scene
bonkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:03 AM   #6
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The "Assembly 2004" winner DEMO is a MUST for commodore lovers....

Quote:
bonkers wrote:
I must say that I find this demo to be absolute crap, it's a lame atempt (which sadly worked) to gain votes by a PC group. The demo includes no intressting stuff at all, and if they love the commodores so much why not make demos for them instead?

Demos like this have been done so so so many times before and I always find them boring.
I guess you are an elite demo coder then?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:03 AM   #7
odin
Colonization had Galleons
Points: 22,606, Level: 93 Points: 22,606, Level: 93 Points: 22,606, Level: 93
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
 
odin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Asker, Norway
Posts: 6,780
Default Re: The "Assembly 2004" winner DEMO is a MUST for commodore lovers....

Ah yes, the ancient art of constructive criticism is played very professionally there :-P.
odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:30 AM   #8
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The "Assembly 2004" winner DEMO is a MUST for commodore lovers....

Quote:
odin wrote:
Ah yes, the ancient art of constructive criticism is played very professionally there :-P.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 10:39 AM   #9
tangletown
Premium Member
Points: 7,186, Level: 56 Points: 7,186, Level: 56 Points: 7,186, Level: 56
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 178
Default Re: The "Assembly 2004" winner DEMO is a MUST for commodore lovers....

I'll offer some (more constructive) critiscm even if Bonker's doesn't want to elaborate- the demo, while being entertaining to watch, doesn't offer that much in the way of programming trickery. It's merely a 3D Studio Max animation that is ran through a player (Although, maybe they engineered the player. I don't know). I think this could be a sign of the times though.
tangletown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 12:15 PM   #10
Ilwrath
Kindred of Babble-on
Points: 12,982, Level: 74 Points: 12,982, Level: 74 Points: 12,982, Level: 74
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
Zookeeper Champion
 
Ilwrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 2,191
Default Re: The "Assembly 2004" winner DEMO is a MUST for commodore lovers....

Quote:
I'll offer some (more constructive) critiscm even if Bonker's doesn't want to elaborate- the demo, while being entertaining to watch, doesn't offer that much in the way of programming trickery. It's merely a 3D Studio Max animation that is ran through a player (Although, maybe they engineered the player. I don't know). I think this could be a sign of the times though.
Well, surely, the demo is no technological masterpiece like the demos of old. But, that said, no one says a modern demos HAVE to be highly technical, anymore. The newer branching of catagories in demos are starting to show this fact. I mean, there are still new demos for the old machines, and new 64k demos for modern platforms... These catagories satisfy the more "purist" people.

But this was basically just a very good demo of the style it is.... An artistic/story. Kind of a fun little journey through the changing times, complete with a catchy little musical score.

On technical merits alone, it's a no-show, but the simple right-brain response is that I like it anyway. :-)
Ilwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
assembly 2004 , commodore , demo , lovers , winner

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Commodore 128 Globe demo better than Amiga Boing Demo? redrumloa Alternative Operating Systems 2 02-13-2008 05:59 PM
Forgotten Commodore 64 demo title AMIBY General chat about Amiga topics 2 07-05-2007 06:14 PM
Assembly 06 Winner - Starstruck by TBL - good to see this news Amiga Software Issues and Discussion 1 09-18-2006 10:50 AM
Amiga demo won at Assembly 2006! quenthal Amiga Software Issues and Discussion 119 09-03-2006 09:10 PM
New video of TBL Assembly 2006 demo jlariv8957 General chat about Amiga topics 34 08-14-2006 04:33 PM