amiga.org

iconAll times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:07 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

Amiga.org Amiga computer related discussion Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion Amiga 500 Tower with SuperGen

Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion This forum is dedicated to the discussion and resolution of issues related to Classic and Next Generation Amiga hardware. Got a problem with a piece of hardware? Click to speak.

Old 11-18-2010, 07:04 AM   #16
Selles
Banned
Points: 621, Level: 12 Points: 621, Level: 12 Points: 621, Level: 12
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%

Default Re: Amiga 500 Tower with SuperGen

Ok, I did manage to get an Amiga 2000 / 3000 keyboard to work.

Only ram boards and other simple 5 volt Zorro II boards work in the Zorro II adapter. SCSI boards and other complex boards will not work. Maybe the -5 v and 12 v lines are missing.
Selles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:13 PM   #17
Darth_X
Cult Member
Points: 10,151, Level: 67 Points: 10,151, Level: 67 Points: 10,151, Level: 67
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Send a message via MSN to Darth_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selles View Post
Hello everyone, I am new to Amiga Org. I am building an Amiga 500 tower for doing titling and genlocking. The motherboard is revision 6 with a 1 meg Agnus and 1 meg of chip memory. Kickstart 3.1 and a high density disk drive installed. I also installed a SuperGen genlock and a Micron Tech. Inc. Amiga 500 Interconnect board (zorro II adapter).

Everything is working fine except the Amiga 3000 keyboard and Zorro II adapter. The Amiga 500 is not "seeing" any board plugged into the Zorro II adapter board. Also, any of you know how to hook up an Amiga 3000 keyboard to an Amiga 500 motherboard? Oh, and I want to hook up a reset switch. I do not want to Control-A-A. The Atari ST computer has a reset swith, I wonder if something like that can be hooked up to my Amiga 500 tower?
This sounds like a cool project. Anyone know why this guy is banned?
Darth_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:52 PM   #18
B00tDisk
Defender of the Faith
Points: 12,600, Level: 73 Points: 12,600, Level: 73 Points: 12,600, Level: 73
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

he was a doomy sockpuppet
Old 12-03-2012, 05:32 AM   #19
Dandy
Cult Member
Points: 9,904, Level: 66 Points: 9,904, Level: 66 Points: 9,904, Level: 66
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefcep2 View Post

There were plenty titling software for Amiga. IMO the best was Scala.
The shortcoming of Scala is that you cannot switch to modern rtg screenmodes.
If you want to use it, you'll need the possibility to display one of the old, crappy Amiga video modes.

It is completely useless on my Amiga4000 PPC with Mediator and Voodoo4 graphics card and TFT monitor.

Bummer!
Dandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:06 AM   #20
Dandy
Cult Member
Points: 9,904, Level: 66 Points: 9,904, Level: 66 Points: 9,904, Level: 66
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Quote:

Also, any of you know how to hook up an Amiga 3000 keyboard to an Amiga 500 motherboard?
Aside from getting the circuit diagrams and looking there for ways of connecting an Amiga 3000 keyboard I do only know of an (theoretical) way to connect PC keyboards to an A500:

It could be a solution to get hold of a clock port expansion for the A500 (I have a weak remembrance that once there was a hardware add-on for the A500 offering an A1200-compatible-clockport, but can't remember the name a.t.m.. There you could (in theory) connect one of E3B's USB cards for clockport(Algor/Subway), that can be operated with Anaiis USB stack for low-spec Amigas.
Now you can connect USB-keyboard and USB-mouse. Possibly also a 10 mBit network interface card works? That should allow for the fastest possible file transfer with old, low spec Amigas...

But I never tested the USB solution - therefor I wrote "in theory". I don't know for sure if a network card works with Anaiis - but you could ask Gilloo:
Contact address
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Any mail, comments, suggestions, documentations are welcome!

Please send a mail with the title "ANAIIS" at the following mail address
gilles dot pelletier at voila dot fr

Enjoy USB on old classic Amiga.
And remember: Only Amiga makes it possible!

Quote:

Oh, and I want to hook up a reset switch. I do not want to Control-A-A. The Atari ST computer has a reset swith, I wonder if something like that can be hooked up to my Amiga 500 tower?
Perhaps you prefer the new Microsoft keyboard (see attached)?
;-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NEW_MICROSOFT_KEYBOARD1.JPG (82.3 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Dandy; 12-03-2012 at 06:09 AM..
Dandy is offline   Reply With Quote