amiga.org

iconAll times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:27 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

Amiga.org Amiga computer related discussion Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion RocGen plus & A1200 problem

Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion This forum is dedicated to the discussion and resolution of issues related to Classic and Next Generation Amiga hardware. Got a problem with a piece of hardware? Click to speak.

Old 12-10-2011, 02:43 PM   #1
Hinotori
Merely Curious
Points: 915, Level: 16 Points: 915, Level: 16 Points: 915, Level: 16
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Default RocGen plus & A1200 problem

Hi,

I recently got a rocgen plus genlock to use with my A1200 and am having problems getting it to work (with or without an external 12V psu)
When it is connected the amiga lights go crazy blinking on and off and it won't boot up. The power light on the genlock comes on though. I have tried with several different amiga power supplies (including a goliath) and have also plugged a 12V psu into the rocgen ... but sadly no luck

Does anyone here have any experience of the rocgen gunlocks that they might be willing to share ?

Many thanks for your time
Hinotori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:24 PM   #2
amiman99
Lifetime Member
Points: 5,613, Level: 48 Points: 5,613, Level: 48 Points: 5,613, Level: 48
Activity: 30% Activity: 30% Activity: 30%

Default Re: RocGen plus & A1200 problem

Have you tried it on different Amiga if the problems are the same? This genlock should work on all Amiga models. Its possible that the genlock is causing problems.
I have 2 of those and I don't experience problems like you.
amiman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:04 PM   #3
Framiga
Energizer Bunny of Babble
Points: 16,709, Level: 82 Points: 16,709, Level: 82 Points: 16,709, Level: 82
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinotori View Post
Hi,

I recently got a rocgen plus genlock to use with my A1200 and am having problems getting it to work (with or without an external 12V psu)
When it is connected the amiga lights go crazy blinking on and off and it won't boot up. The power light on the genlock comes on though. I have tried with several different amiga power supplies (including a goliath) and have also plugged a 12V psu into the rocgen ... but sadly no luck

Does anyone here have any experience of the rocgen gunlocks that they might be willing to share ?

Many thanks for your time
try to feed a stable video signal (like one from a camera) and see if your A1200 boots.

Some genlocks requires it.
Framiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:18 PM   #4
Hinotori
Merely Curious
Points: 915, Level: 16 Points: 915, Level: 16 Points: 915, Level: 16
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

hi
many thanks for your replies btu still no luck.
i have tried it with an A500, A500 plus and A1200. I also tried with 4 different amiga power supplies (2 heavy, one light, one goliath) for each amiga and tried with the accelerator removed in the A1200 and still the same problems. The RocGen Plus documentation says that it will operate without a stable incoming video signal by generating its own sync. Without a stable incoming video signal would some genlocks prevent an Amiga from boring ?
I may have a bad unit. I will try a few more combinations.
Thanks again for your help.
Hinotori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:57 AM   #5
Framiga
Energizer Bunny of Babble
Points: 16,709, Level: 82 Points: 16,709, Level: 82 Points: 16,709, Level: 82
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinotori View Post
hi
The RocGen Plus documentation says that it will operate without a stable incoming video signal by generating its own sync. Without a stable incoming video signal would some genlocks prevent an Amiga from boring ?
Amiga genlocks may be very tricky sometimes (different behaviours with different Amiga models) and yes they can prevent your system booting.

Are you sure that your A1200 and your genlock are of the same video standard? both PAL or NTSC?
Framiga is offline   Reply With Quote