amiga.org

iconAll times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:03 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

Amiga.org Amiga computer related discussion Amiga community support ideas RDesktop on Amiga to access Mac system?

Amiga community support ideas This forum is for the open discussion of new thoughts and ideas intended to help the Amiga community. What do we need? What do we want?

Old 03-03-2011, 11:15 PM   #1
amigasociety
Technoid
Points: 6,700, Level: 53 Points: 6,700, Level: 53 Points: 6,700, Level: 53
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Default RDesktop on Amiga to access Mac system?

Anyone here running RDesktop on an OS 4.1 Amiga and remoting into and controlling the desktop of a Mac OS X system? Thinking about buying my first modern Amiga but for work need to run Mac so would like to have my Mac Mini running in my office on my 2nd desk and start using the Amiga for day to day tasks but access the Mac for work as needed. Any videos of someone using RDesktop remoting into a Mac? Tj
amigasociety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:33 AM   #2
Boudicca
Technoid
Points: 8,797, Level: 63 Points: 8,797, Level: 63 Points: 8,797, Level: 63
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Default Re: RDesktop on Amiga to access Mac system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigasociety View Post
Anyone here running RDesktop on an OS 4.1 Amiga and remoting into and controlling the desktop of a Mac OS X system? Thinking about buying my first modern Amiga but for work need to run Mac so would like to have my Mac Mini running in my office on my 2nd desk and start using the Amiga for day to day tasks but access the Mac for work as needed. Any videos of someone using RDesktop remoting into a Mac? Tj
Macs are clever....there is little in the way of free remote desktop software.

Depending on what Mac you have, look at VNC for Mac, there's also the possibility of enabling XDMP or something similar.