amiga.org

iconAll times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:54 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

» Amiga.org » Amiga computer related discussion » General chat about Amiga topics » Which Amiga magazine did you buy?

General chat about Amiga topics This forum is for conversations which are specifically "Amiga" related, but don't fit into other categories. Contents of this forum do appear on the main page, unlike Talk About. If a subject appears to be non-related, it will be moved to Talk About.

Old 12-22-2010, 03:59 AM   #76
ajlwalker
Technoid
Points: 8,204, Level: 61 Points: 8,204, Level: 61 Points: 8,204, Level: 61
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Default Re: Which Amiga magazine did you buy?

I bought Amiga Format the most. Only missed the first 3 issues if I recall. Still have virtually a complete set with all coverdisks and CDs.

I also bought the US magazine Amiga World for about two years until it folded.

I bought Amiga User International until it stopped also.

I then bought AmigaActive until it converted into a digital media magazine (I think that only lasted one issue).

Periodically if I liked the coverdisk, I bought Amiga Computing, Amiga Shopper, Amiga Power, The One, various others who's names I forget.

Oh, and I bought every issue of CD32 gamer despite not having a CD32! (I planned to get one but never did)

I still have every one of these magazines, and occasionally pick one out to read. They should bring happy memories, but sadly I feel a great sense of mourning sometimes.
ajlwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:19 AM   #77
lsmart
Technoid
Points: 4,783, Level: 44 Points: 4,783, Level: 44 Points: 4,783, Level: 44
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximvsPayne View Post
does anyone buy the amiga future?
I am currently a subscriber of Amiga Future, but I wasn´t two years ago. I liked Amiga Magazin (and their "Hermann der User"-Comic) but I also loved Amiga Welt and Kickstart. AmigaDos and later Amiga Spezial were nice additions. I dumped a lot of my old magazines during my Non-Amiga-Years (1995-2008)*... hmm, I should shorten this to NAY in the future.

I re-bought some of them later. The late 80s / eraly 90s were a great time and worth remembering.

Oh, and do you remember PowerPlay? The guys are having a podcast now: "Spieleveteranen"
lsmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:21 AM   #78
AmigaNG
Technoid
Points: 5,343, Level: 46 Points: 5,343, Level: 46 Points: 5,343, Level: 46

I remember when I fist got my Amiga each month a tired a different mag, Amiga Format first, then CU Amiga, Amiga Shopper and then Amiga Power, in the end I picked Amiga Format as i think it did have the perfect balance of covering all areas of Amiga. I subscribe from I think around issue 80 up till the end, very sad when it did go. I also got every issue of Amiga Active as I was really looking forward to the AmigaMCC, but as we know that never happened. So when Amiga Active finally ended, I was very sad not having a monthly mag, I think its a big reason I stop following the Amiga scene as much in around 2003 to 2009, I recently subscribe to Amiga Future as it was the least I could do after winning their mouse mat in the Amigaworld competitions and the fact i wanted more news on the new AmigaONE i'm surprised by how good it is, wish i got them a lot earlier.

One good thing however is when I went to get my second hand Amiga Power Tower in 99 the guy who sold it to me had nearly
every single issue of Cu amiga and loads of Amiga shopper, CD32 Gamer, all the early Amiga Format mags up to around issue 40, even the ST/Amiga format mags all in great condition! He actually said the reason he gave up on the Amiga dream was because of the closer of CU Amiga, so gave them all to me.(the car was weighed down that day!) I kind of knew what he meant when Amiga Active closed.

Last edited by AmigaNG; 12-22-2010 at 05:26 AM..
AmigaNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:27 AM   #79
motorollin
Premium Member
Points: 32,860, Level: 100 Points: 32,860, Level: 100 Points: 32,860, Level: 100
Activity: 54% Activity: 54% Activity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaNG View Post
He actually said the reason he gave up on the Amiga dream was because of the closer of CU Amiga
I felt exactly the same the day CU died. It really was at that exact moment that I realised the Amiga wasn't coming back
30     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA
40     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAAA
50  NEXT C
60  NA-NA-NAAAA
70  NA-NA NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA NAAA-NAAAAAAAAAAA
80  GOTO 10
motorollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:07 AM   #80
rvo_nl
Lifetime Member
Points: 8,790, Level: 63 Points: 8,790, Level: 63 Points: 8,790, Level: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by save2600 View Post
...it'd be nice if someone came up with a complete listing of all Amiga mags in publication and where they were from at one time.
you mean like:

http://amr.abime.net/
http://www.magazines.ch/index.html
http://www.amigahistory.co.uk/magazines.html

or even

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Amiga_magazines

whoops, missed the other links already mentioned in this thread. sorry.

out of all the magazines I've read my all-time favorite was probably CU Amiga, especially in its glory days. The One and Amiga Power were a lot of fun, too, and I couldnt resist reading Amiga Format either. Last mags I bought were Amiga Active and a few issues of Amiga Future. Oh I almost forgot about the Dutch 'Amiga Magazine'.
Amiga 1200 (1d4) Kickstart 3.1 (40.68), Elbox Power/Winner tower (450w psu), BlizzardPPC 603e+ @240mhz & 060 @50mhz, 256MB 60ns, BlizzardvisionPPC, IDE-fix Express, IndivisionAGA, 120GB IDE, cd, dvd, Cocolino, Micronik Keycase, PCMCIA Ethernet, Ratte monitor switcher, triple boot WB3.1 / OS3.9 / OS4.1

Last edited by rvo_nl; 12-22-2010 at 06:17 AM..
rvo_nl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:11 AM   #81
A1260
Cult Member
Points: 7,115, Level: 55 Points: 7,115, Level: 55 Points: 7,115, Level: 55

CU Amiga!... that was the best...
A1260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:07 AM   #82
Vlabguy1
Cult Member
Points: 12,545, Level: 73 Points: 12,545, Level: 73 Points: 12,545, Level: 73
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

mmm.. I bought them all...

Rich
ny

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedsir View Post
Just out of interest which Amiga magazine did you buy, and why? I bought CU Amiga which was excellent. Bought Format a few times but not as good as CU Amiga in my opinion.
Vlabguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote