|01-23-2009, 01:19 AM||#1|
SabreMSN 0.41 now available for AROS
My MSN client is now available for AROS. UTF8 character support is missing for now, due to relying on codesets.library.
Download the AROS port of SabreMSN from the SabreMSN section on my homepage:
If you like the software, please consider sending a donation.
- "user is typing" notifications
- nudges (they shake the window just like on Windows)
- logging/log reloading
- utf8 character conversion using codesets.library
- sound alerts
- rudimentary file transfers (it uses the older protocol though, so newer clients wont work)
- editable usernames
- add/remove and rename users
Known problems (roughly):
- Sometimes the SSL stuff fails when trying to connect, so the only thing you can do is keep clicking connect after it fails each time
- the list of Online contacts isnt always sent in full when I first connect. I havent found an answer to that problem yet. So it appears like everyones offline, or most of your online contacts are offline. Reconnecting to the server once or twice in a row seems to restore the list properly sometimes.
- Sometimes Sabre reapers. I've only had this happen twice in the last few weeks though. It seems to be dying on the MUI input loop, but maybe I've done something illegal before that call..
- Newly added contacts arent added to the list, you need to reconnect to see them
- Sometimes outgoing file transfers report during mid-transfer: "The file transfer was unsuccessful because your computer is out of disk space. Try deleting some files, and then ask the sender to try the transfer again."
- Sabre uses the older MSN file transfer protocol, so many recent MSN clients fail when trying to send a file to Sabre.
|041 , aros , sabremsn|