amiga.org

iconAll times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:27 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

Amiga.org Amiga computer related discussion Amiga News and Community Announcements Amiga Programming and Development EvilRich Assigned to TeamAROS Bounty #7, EUAE Integration

Amiga Programming and Development This is the news feed forum for all Amiga programming and development news items and announcements.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:12 AM   #21
XDelusion
Alien Breeder
Points: 39,234, Level: 100 Points: 39,234, Level: 100 Points: 39,234, Level: 100
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%

Send a message via ICQ to XDelusion
Default Re: EvilRich Assigned to TeamAROS Bounty #7, EUAE Integratio

Coherence mode, ahh the pleasures of being able to run Windows as an integrated part of Mac OSX. To piles of bloat all at once!

I don't know much beyond Turbo Basic (he he he), so I'm not sure how this would be done, but what BigBenAussie said sounds logical because the other concept of having multiple instances of UAE running at the same time would be a resource killer, and would prevent the fluid mulit-tasking that we are accustomed to on real Amiga hardware, thus making this whole venture pretty pointless considering that the whole point of e-UAE is to catch up with WinUAE which would finally give us a competent and fast UAE that is not restricted to running on Windows, and therefore held back by the mariad of short comings within the Windows operating system that make UAE seem just a little bit flakey and odd, no matter how well your PC is decked out.

Of course there is also the fact that AROS is supposed to be a clone of Workbench, and Workbench was always fluid and resource friendly, so it would not make much sence at all to want integrated 68xxx Amiga support at the cost of all your RAM, and CPU power. I mean I can't see wanting to have a few classic Amiga apps on my screen, when they are going to make my whole system bogg down, if that were the case, I'd just let go of my integration dreams, and just fire up e-UAE again so that I can run more than one thing at a time without having to worry.
XDelusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 10:46 AM   #22
Einstein
Technoid
Points: 8,086, Level: 60 Points: 8,086, Level: 60 Points: 8,086, Level: 60
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

As I wrote, no one said (wrote) anything about multiple instances of EUAE, *unless* the second/third/fourth.. emulated app would *take over* the virtual (emulated) Amiga, or are you fine with seeing the other apps "sleep" when the "offending" app says "hello" ?
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:32 PM   #23
XDelusion
Alien Breeder
Points: 39,234, Level: 100 Points: 39,234, Level: 100 Points: 39,234, Level: 100
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%

Send a message via ICQ to XDelusion

He he, you must have replied as I typed.
XDelusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:19 PM   #24
Einstein
Technoid

Old 11-09-2007, 07:36 AM   #25
Einstein
Technoid

@BigBenAussie

It's not that no one has thought about "your" method, the problem is the level of integration this would provide, how would you "greenscreen" out the emulated AmigaOS desktop elements (affectively layers) and "superimpose" those elements (layers) AND integrate those into the host windowing system (every layer must apperar to be a native one) without hacking/patching the emulated KS/OS ?

If you look at Georg's (the AROS dev that did something similar) "greenscreen" method then look specifically at 0:01:05 when he clicks the depth gadget, the window only goes to the rear of the UEA/AmigaOS instance windows, NOT to the rear of host windows, this gives you a fact, with this method all UAE/AmigaOS windows (layers) are only one single "alpha-blended" layer in the host OS.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:13 PM   #26
tonyyeb
Cult Member
Points: 4,725, Level: 43 Points: 4,725, Level: 43 Points: 4,725, Level: 43
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Send a message via MSN to tonyyeb

Is there somewhere wehere we can track progress of this? Is there a blog or something?
tonyyeb is offline   Reply With Quote