amiga.org

iconAll times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:41 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

Amiga.org The "Not Quite Amiga but still computer related category" Alternative Operating Systems New Amiga UNIX thingie: AmixBP

Alternative Operating Systems This forum is dedicated to discussions of alternatives to the Commodore Amiga Platform, such as Linux distributions, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, and others.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2009, 09:02 PM   #1
Failure
Lifetime Member
Points: 9,459, Level: 65 Points: 9,459, Level: 65 Points: 9,459, Level: 65
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Send a message via ICQ to Failure Send a message via AIM to Failure Send a message via MSN to Failure
Default New Amiga UNIX thingie: AmixBP

I don't know what has lit the fire underneath me lately, but I've been dedicating a lot of time to refreshing the Amiga UNIX stuff I worked on in the past. One product of that is a new project that is releasing files as of today: AmixBP. The short version is I'm trying to make the installation of third-party AMIX software a bit more user friendly and less invasive to the system. As if that really matters with the OS installer checking people at the gate. :-)

This isn't some world changing thing with so few users out there, but it amuses me. :-D If you're still playing with AMIX maybe this will make it better, although for now there's only a few packages built. It's slow going compiling on the A3000.

amixbp.sourceforge.net

I've also attacked the wiki a bit. For example I think I have name lookups fully working now. Maybe.