|General chat about Amiga topics This forum is for conversations which are specifically "Amiga" related, but don't fit into other categories. Contents of this forum do appear on the main page, unlike Talk About. If a subject appears to be non-related, it will be moved to Talk About.|
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|08-08-2008, 05:49 AM||#1|
Defender of the Faith
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Leaving Amiga - Need PC emulation / music recording advice.
(I've also posted this message to the Bars & Pipes newsgroup - my apologies to those who've already read it there).
Whew, it finally came. The day when my real Amiga hardware failed. The Amiga has been the centre of my home recording studio for about 10 years now. All the backup Amigas I have proved to have "issues" in one way or another that made them unusable for serious audio work.
So...with mixed emotions, it's time to move onto PC for audio recording. I'll miss the Amiga, but I won't miss the unreliable, aging hardware. The thing I'll miss most of all is Bars & Pipes (and possibly OctaMED).
So....I'm going to try and buy a PC that can emulate and run Bars & Pipes as if running on a real Amiga. Is this even possible? Is anyone doing this in a serious sense?
I would really appreciate any advice you guys can give me towards running Bars & Pipes with a PC emulator.
- any advice towards buying a PC with a mind towards Amiga emulation? What sort of microprocessor is good for UAE (Intel? AMD?)
- There is a local PC store which sells reconditioned older PC CPUs for cheap (i.e. $100 for a 1Ghz model). What is the minimum CPU speed I should consider for smooth Amiga emulation?
- any hardware or software tweaks to get B&P to run smooth under emulation?
- what sort of PC MIDI interfaces can be used with UAE?
- Can Bars & Pipes running in UAE by synchronized with audio recording applications running in Windows (i.e. Protools?) through MTC or Midi Clock?
- Failing a successful use of Bars & Pipes on the PC, is there any Windows software which gives a Bars & Pipes like experience on the PC?
|advice , amiga , music , leaving , emulation , recording|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Need some C-64 music apps and a few games (no emulation)||marcfrick2112||Alternative Operating Systems||6||12-18-2008 05:09 AM|
|Leaving Amiga Scene and will be selling stuff||amesie2||Amiga Marketplace||10||09-11-2007 07:20 PM|
|Advice on composing music||mooncloud||Amiga Software Issues and Discussion||34||02-15-2006 02:41 AM|
|The End Is Nigh! - CU_AMiGA Leaving Amiga Scene?||CU_AMiGA||CH / General||17||08-31-2004 08:57 AM|
|DVD Recording for new Amiga||Phantom206||Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion||16||05-29-2003 01:51 PM|