amiga.org

iconAll times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:28 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

Amiga.org Amiga computer related discussion Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion KCS Power PC Board 500 and hard disks

Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion This forum is dedicated to the discussion and resolution of issues related to Classic and Next Generation Amiga hardware. Got a problem with a piece of hardware? Click to speak.

Old 09-11-2007, 11:01 AM   #1
bfilipe
Merely Curious
Points: 1,320, Level: 20 Points: 1,320, Level: 20 Points: 1,320, Level: 20
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default KCS Power PC Board 500 and hard disks

Greetings,
I've an Amiga 500 (Rev 6 board changed to 1mb chip ram and full ECS) with Kickstart 1.3 and 3.1, GVP A500 HD8+ (with 3 IBM scsi 2gb HDD,cd-rom and 8mb ram) and a KCS Power PC Board 500 ver 4.2 (bought without manual using software rev 4.5). Soon will have a Derringer 030 also.

After some effort, I managed to use the KCS emulator with a HDD partition: Had to disable the GVP Omni rom and boot from a floppy with binddrivers and gvpscsi.device, otherwise the KCS would crash after starting to load DOS (both in Kickstart 1.3 and 3.1).

The problem is the following:
If I create a partition on the amiga side with 500 or less megabytes, with OFS or FFS, I'm able to format it in the emulator with FAT16, but I'm unable to access the files I have in the other partitions (formatted in FFS) from the PC side.
If I boot from the amiga side, I'm unable to read the files in the partition modified (and formatted) with the KCS even with Fat95 Library loaded and device in DEVS folder loaded. If I format a partition on the amiga side at Fat16 with the Fat95 library and HDToolbox, to use it in the KCS Pc mode,I need to reformat it again on the PC side and get back to the starting point.

I would like to put some old PC programs on the partition given to the KCS, but they are all in CD-ROM or HD floppy and would have to write them back all of them to DD floppies to use them right now. I've also tried to communicate from KCS DOS with an old 486 PC (both with null modem cable and Laplink parallel cable) with intersrv and filelink to no avail.

Is there a way to transfer files between the partition formatted in the KCS pc mode and Amiga OS?

Many thanks
bfilipe is offline   Reply With Quote