amiga.org

iconAll times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:35 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

Amiga.org Amiga computer related discussion Amiga Software Issues and Discussion Idefix Express & BPPC trouble: second channel not working

Amiga Software Issues and Discussion This forum exists for the discussion of the use, issues with, and fun brought about by classic and next generation Amiga software.

Old 03-13-2006, 05:18 AM   #21
LawlessPPC
Technoid
Points: 5,418, Level: 47 Points: 5,418, Level: 47 Points: 5,418, Level: 47
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Default Re: Idefix Express & BPPC trouble: second channel not working

Can anybody explain, what the "CDFS HD RDB scan" setting does?

yes this will check the RDB of the harddrive to se if you have a CD filesystem installed (added to the RDB just like FFs, PFS SFS etc). Then use it for the CD drive. Reason for this is the PPC board have a CD filesystem built into the firmware. From this you can mount or boot a CD drive with just the PPC no Dos device needed. But the mount and boot feature is only usable for SCSI drives as far as I know. It is a really handy ability to have. As soon as I switch on I can access CD0: straight away with no startup sequence or drivers. It has enabled me to install OS3.9 on a completely blank system with no floppies involved. Also MorphOS
LawlessPPC is offline   Reply With Quote