|05-31-2004, 04:06 PM||#1|
Join Date: May 2004
A1200, OS 3.9, cnet.device... and no hope left
OK, I am officially at my wit's end. I bought a PCMCIA network card off an Amiga retailer (guaranteed to work with my Amy, that is), put in the included piggyback fix for the A1200 cardreset bug and installed the OS 3.9 network package. However, that's where the problems started.
I cannot get the network to do anything useful. Usually Genesis gets me "online", but sometimes it just freezes the system completely and does nothing. I can usually resume operation by removing the card. Even when I do get "online" I cannot get A-Web to display a single page, it freezes the system as well - reads a few bytes, then freezes, continues after a while, freezes again. Occasionally I do get rid of the freezing, but then, DNS does not work.
I cannot ping the machine from my Linux box on the same network.
Blizzard A1260/50 + 64 MB FastRAM
2.1 GB internal HDD
* Target Network 24007 10 Mbps PCMCIA card
* cnet.device 1.8b (standard version)
* D-Link 604 Router/Firewall
- DHCP activated (for Windows machines, Xbox & PS2 use), but Amiga assigned to a static IP (192.168.0.xxx) unused by anything else. Linux box works fine with similar static IP.
- Address of router (192.168.0.1) entered as gateway
- DNS server valid (from resolv.conf of my Linux box), entered as DNS server in Genesis
- No hostname/domainname entered at the moment, experimented with several...
* Internet access via a cable modem behind the D-Link so shouldn't really affect results.
Any help GREATLY appreciated.
|left , hope , cnetdevice , a1200|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|SurfSquirrel incompatible with CNET.Device + CF Adatper?||Everblue||Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion||6||06-23-2008 03:48 AM|
|Miami + cnet.device problem :( Can't connect anylonger ..||dekar24k||Amiga Software Issues and Discussion||3||01-02-2007 07:08 AM|
|cnet.device and amiTCp 4.0 demo Problem||snoopdos||Amiga Software Issues and Discussion||4||01-30-2005 05:12 PM|
|cnet.device and "netvin" card||cycloid||Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion||0||05-10-2003 10:40 AM|
|cnet.device + net||Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion||3||03-13-2003 07:58 AM|