amiga.org

iconAll times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:48 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

» Amiga.org » Amiga computer related discussion » Amiga News and Community Announcements » Amiga User Group News » Reminder: Upstate NY Amiga Users Group Meeting Jan 14th

Amiga User Group News This is the news feed forum for news and announcements related to Amiga User Groups. Meetings, get togethers, etc.

Old 01-03-2012, 06:04 AM   #1
MobbyG
Occupy Amiga
Points: 11,490, Level: 70 Points: 11,490, Level: 70 Points: 11,490, Level: 70
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Send a message via AIM to MobbyG Send a message via MSN to MobbyG Send a message via Yahoo to MobbyG Send a message via Skype™ to MobbyG
Default Reminder: Upstate NY Amiga Users Group Meeting Jan 14th

Just a reminder, that the Upstate New York Amiga Users Group will be meeting on January 14th starting at 10am, in East Greenbush, New York, just across the Hudson river from Albany.

If you haven’t already, let us know you’re coming to the meeting, so we can be looking for you. Also if you would like to donate to the cost of the club house for the meeting, let us know that as well. The more people that donate, the lower the donation needed! So far for demos, we have a MorphOS demo lined up and possibly an AROS demo. Other surprises may be in stored as well. If anyone would like to do a demo, please let us know so we can get you setup. The more, the merrier!

Also, if you’re planning on attending, please bring a camera for pictures as we would like to share the gathering with others online as much as possible. We’re hoping to have a live web stream setup on Ustream, for those who can’t come, to still see what’s going on.

If you have any questions, check out website at http://www.amigaz.org/unyaug or email me at mobbyg@gmail.com
Old 01-03-2012, 03:13 PM   #2
haywirepc
Defender of the Faith
Points: 11,883, Level: 71 Points: 11,883, Level: 71 Points: 11,883, Level: 71
Activity: 44% Activity: 44% Activity: 44%

Default Re: Reminder: Upstate NY Amiga Users Group Meeting Jan 14th

I'm up to my eyeballs lately but this is the closest amiga gathering to where I live (Philadelphia,Pa) in ages so I'm going to really try and make it.

I don't own any mac hardware, so I've never even seen MorphOS, and I'd really like to play with it for a bit before deciding to get a mac mini or something...

Steven
haywirepc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:09 PM   #3
MobbyG
Occupy Amiga
Points: 11,490, Level: 70 Points: 11,490, Level: 70 Points: 11,490, Level: 70

Send a message via AIM to MobbyG Send a message via MSN to MobbyG Send a message via Yahoo to MobbyG Send a message via Skype™ to MobbyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by haywirepc View Post
I'm up to my eyeballs lately but this is the closest amiga gathering to where I live (Philadelphia,Pa) in ages so I'm going to really try and make it.

I don't own any mac hardware, so I've never even seen MorphOS, and I'd really like to play with it for a bit before deciding to get a mac mini or something...

Steven
Good luck to ya Steven. Hope you're able to get up here.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:41 PM   #4
Iggy
Energizer Bunny of Babble
Points: 16,389, Level: 82 Points: 16,389, Level: 82 Points: 16,389, Level: 82

Who is doing the MorphOS demo?

Purchased a 2.7 GHz G5 PowerMac for now (and I have 2.3 PCI-E G5 PowerMac for future revisions of MorphOS).

Also I still have a 1.42 GHz iBook (with MorphOS 3.4).

Finally I still have an old A2000 for the days I'm into pain.

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." - Benjamin Franklin

"I'm a hard worker." - George W. Bush

"Guess I'll have to change my way of livin..."

Kenny Downing is my God.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:58 AM   #5
Debaser
Premium Member
Points: 7,218, Level: 56 Points: 7,218, Level: 56 Points: 7,218, Level: 56
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Send a message via MSN to Debaser

I will be doing the demo of Morphos. I think i will basically show off some of the usual and maybe some unusual suspects: Grunch, Odyssey v1.16, Gribouillis 3, and generally anything anyone wishes to check out. I would certainly welcome anyone else in the area to join me and maybe we can put together something more compelling, But simply put - I will be there with my mini, loaded with stuff to try, that is about it.

So yeah.. um def. not a Morphos Dev team event here. I just wanted to make sure that there is some Morphos machines running and available to those that wish to play with it and experience it.
Debaser is offline   Reply With Quote