Re: My 500+ Project
So I took another crack at reviving my 500+ board last night:
I replaced the faulty trace with a direct wire connection:
I also tinned the feet of the Gary chip and tested a bunch of traces around the battery area with my multi-meter to ensure they weren't broken (none were) and then fired up my 500+.....
and got this: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/71121999/Ami...%2052%20PM.mov
It doesnt even attempt to boot from a floppy either so Im calling this mobo BUSTED! Oh well, it's been fun trying to repair it as I havent done any board level repair work sine about 1998!!
gave me a good excuse to buy a new soldering iron too.
Anyway, all is not lost, I ordered a tested and working Rev6a Mobo from germany and will swap all the ECS chips onto it and upgrade the on board ram to 1MB using the chips from my Rev8a so it''l pretty much be a 500+ regradless.
Member of the Adelaide Commodore & Amiga user group
Amiga 1200 w/ KS1.3, ACA1220 16Mhz 128MB w/ RTC, 4GB CF-HDD, a1011 External FDD
Amiga 500 w/ KS1.3, 512k Chip-Ram, 512k Slow-Ram, 4MB Fast-Ram, FDD Boot Selector, HxC RevC SD Floppy Drive, a1010 External FDD
Commodore 64 w/ 1541 Ultimate-II inc Tape Adapter, JiffyDOS, 1541 Disk Drive, 1531 Datasette, C64 Flyer Net Modem, ZoomFloppy