amiga.org

iconAll times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:01 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

Amiga.org Blogs Karlos

Old

Syndicate dominated: A Gumbycorp Executive's guide to the Atlantic Accelerator

Posted 11-19-2010 at 08:48 AM by Karlos
Updated 11-19-2010 at 09:06 AM by Karlos
Tags syndicate

So, you've played the game for a while and you have spread into North America or to the African west coast and you unlock the Atlantic Accelerator mission.

The mission brief makes it clear that this is of huge strategic importance. It comes with the following dire situation update:

Quote:
Syndicate update:

The enemy syndicates have reailised that we are the most significant threat to their survival and as such have bonded together in an awesome alliance of
Sockologist
Views 3861 Comments 2 Karlos is offline Edit Tags
Old

Aww, I feel all special now...

Posted 11-18-2010 at 08:04 AM by Karlos
Tags facepalm , troll

Why, you may ask? Well, it seems that in the last two days or so I picked up my very own moobunny stalker. It almost feels like I've "arrived"

I've no idea who it is, I even thought it might be a friend having a laugh, though he's denied it with compelling sincerity, so I guess not

The guy seems to think that the world needs to be informed I'm one of them thar Moozlems. I think he's about 16 years too late to break that news but no matter, better...
Sockologist
Posted in Mersenne Twisted
Views 3941 Comments 5 Karlos is offline Edit Tags
Old

Syndicate dominated: A Gumbycorp Executive's top tips, part 2...

Posted 11-17-2010 at 08:28 AM by Karlos
Tags syndicate

So, yesterday I ran out of blog roll and had to finish early. Today, I thought I'd continue, so don your handkerchiefs and let's carry on with some miscellaneous tips:

Risky Money
This one can put your agents in jeopardy but if you have V3 guys, it shouldn't be a problem. After you've crushed Europe and the western end of Asia, usually once you get to India or thereabouts, enemy agents start having time bombs about their person. If you are quick, you can steal them before they...
Sockologist
Views 2357 Comments 2 Karlos is offline Edit Tags
Old

Syndicate dominated: A Gumbycorp Executive's top tips part 1...

Posted 11-16-2010 at 12:04 PM by Karlos
Updated 11-16-2010 at 12:15 PM by Karlos
Tags syndicate

Since I've played Syndicate again recently in an attempt to beat my previous record for taking over the world in the least amount of time, I thought I'd share some observations on the game's AI behaviour I've found useful.

It's tempting to rush into the game with your best equipped agents and have a fire fight with multiple enemy squads and that's certainly fun to do, but there is a sneakier path to domination. This isn't going to be a rehash of those "set your company name...
Sockologist
Views 1637 Comments 0 Karlos is offline Edit Tags
Old

Are there really so few Monty Python fans that have played Syndicate?

Posted 11-16-2010 at 05:07 AM by Karlos
Updated 01-16-2011 at 07:18 AM by Karlos

Strangely, a few people have asked me what my latest avatar and associated title/location data is supposed to be about. I'm sure I've had stranger avatars in the past and not had any comment, but I guess there's always a first time

-edit-
Avatar has changed since then, this was the one in question

-/edit-

Those of you that know me will know that Syndicate is one of my all-time...
Sockologist
Posted in Mersenne Twisted
Views 3294 Comments 4 Karlos is offline Edit Tags