amiga.org

iconAll times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:55 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

» Amiga.org » Blogs » DavidF215

Old

UK and Limiting Social Media

Posted 08-13-2011 at 03:01 AM by DavidF215

A recent BBC article mentioned the possibility of the UK limiting social media communications.

Really?

Some social media servers are located outside of the jurisdiction of the UK. The UK government has no right, authority, or power to impose restrictions on services that originate outside their own borders.

For the UK government to impose restrictions on a company based in Silicon Valley, a part of my Country, is laughable and simply grasping at straws...
Technoid
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1202 Comments 2 DavidF215 is offline Edit Tags
Old

CBM and Apple

Posted 08-11-2011 at 02:47 AM by DavidF215

I just finished reading the Wiki article on Commodore International. After I read how Apple continued while CBM fell by the wayside, I started wondering what allowed Apple to continue while Commodore eventually floundered.

The Amiga seemed to be a better computer at the time yet Apple survived and CBM did not. I started wondering that if Commodore hadn't dropped its prices so dramatically, then might they have had more resources to help pull them through the financial problems they...
Technoid
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 721 Comments 0 DavidF215 is offline Edit Tags
Old

Got AmiBlitz3 working

Posted 08-07-2011 at 11:28 PM by DavidF215

Well, I got AmiBlitz3 to work on my v1200/040. My real A1200 needs a bigger HDD, so I resorted to the virtual 1200 for now. Had to install the zlib and the jpeg libraries from Aminet--glad it's still online. I was able to compile some of the example Blitz3 code, and it actually worked. So the next question is: do I code or not code? It isn't Blitz3D, yet it is Blitzbasic.

I also got OpenGL working from StormMESA. That was neat. I couldn't believe the OpenGL logo would actually show...
Technoid
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 545 Comments 0 DavidF215 is offline Edit Tags
Old

Disillusioned with a Mac Mini

Posted 08-04-2010 at 07:32 PM by DavidF215

The Mac mini crashes yet again. For an OS that claims to “just work,” OS X Leopard crashes more than my Windows 7 computer.

I have encountered this problem twice within the three weeks that I’ve owned the Mini. I have all our music stored on a Windows 7 workstation. iTunes on the Mac is pointed to the Windows music share for its music library. I forgot to change the automatic update settings in Windows 7 to manual, so on two recent occasions Windows 7 installed the updates and rebooted...
Technoid
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2133 Comments 5 DavidF215 is offline Edit Tags
Old

Thought of selling my old A1200

Posted 07-08-2010 at 10:20 PM by DavidF215

Recently I have been thinking about getting rid of some things around the house and selling the extra things on eBay or CraigsList. I mentioned the possibility of putting my old A1200 up for bid on eBay, but surprisingly the wife didn't like the idea.

It wouldn't be bad if PPC accelerators were still available, then I could actually run OS4 on it. Maybe a company will make another production run on some of the PPC accelerators for the A1200 so people like me can buy OS4 for it. ...
Technoid
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 770 Comments 0 DavidF215 is offline Edit Tags