amiga.org

iconAll times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:38 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

Amiga.org Blogs redrumloa uIEC modified for true shutoff & Quickscan adapter built

Rate this Entry

uIEC modified for true shutoff & Quickscan adapter built

Submit "uIEC modified for true shutoff & Quickscan adapter built" to Digg Submit "uIEC modified for true shutoff & Quickscan adapter built" to del.icio.us Submit "uIEC modified for true shutoff & Quickscan adapter built" to StumbleUpon Submit "uIEC modified for true shutoff & Quickscan adapter built" to Google
Posted 05-30-2010 at 12:09 PM by redrumloa

uIEC:
My uIEC has been working great, but I really needed a way to disconnect it fully without opening the case. My first thought was to put a SPST toggle switch inline to break the power. BZZT, no go. Next thought was to use the toggle switch to break the ATN line. BZZT again. For testing purposes I tried disconnecting both power and ATN, but there were still problems. All 4 data lines and power should be disconnected I decided. After some discussion with Vanessa, a 4066 seemed to fit the bill and off to Digikey I went. This is the end result.

One single 4066 is sufficient to control on/off of the 4 data lines. Turn the switch off, the uIEC completely disappears from the system.

@Quickscan
I have built a preliminary Quickscan adapter to use with a Connectix QuickCam.

So far I have verified the adapter works, but I am having problems with some of the software. I'll discuss this with Vanessa, the Quickscan creator, and try to get this figured out before I install the adapter. Al Anger is also kind enough to be sending a shorter user port connector, which will probably be needed to make this fit in the tower.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3899 Comments 3 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    So far only 80x50 is working with the Quickscan. I am testing with a stock 64 atm.

Some life! Soon I should be getting much better images
  2. Old Comment
    I am working on adding more drive number selection switches. I am pretty much done with the 1571D drive, I just need to solder the wire to the jumper pad on the motherboard.

The other 1571 is next. If I have time today, which I should, I will add a second switch to the 1581. I located the DPST rocker switches I was looking for to add power switches for the drives, but I am waiting on some more connectors to do this. When I do add the power switches, I will only do the one regular 1571 and 1581 for now. The uIEC already has a (toggle) shutoff switch as shown above. The 1571D is integrated into the motherboard and can't be truly shut off. I could disable it by breaking the ATN line, but I don't really see a point at this time since it would still be powered. If I ever see a need, I will add a switch to disable the 1571D at that time.
  3. Old Comment
    I decided to do the the 1581 next.