PDA

View Full Version : Writing 880KB adf files to DD floppy

Crestfallen
06-28-2003, 02:51 AM
Hi All

I have a ptroblem which i can't solve.

I have an old game Amiga on my PC which is 4 x 880kb .adf images.

I have transferred these disk images to my Amiga 1200 HDD via serial ports but i cannot write them to the DD floppy disks as it says the maximum size on the disk is 836kb. It writes but then fails saying the volume is full.

Is there any way around this?

Regards

restore2003
06-28-2003, 03:07 AM
Have u tried using the program "adf2disk"? you can find this on aminet, and "adfblitzer" works ok also,

alx
06-28-2003, 03:15 AM
Are you just putting the ADFs onto disk, or using an ADF program like restore2003 suggested? You can grab ADF2DISK here (http://us.aminet.net/disk/misc/adf2disk11.lha). UnLHA it and shove it into c: You should then be able to type

Adf2Disk dh0:file.adf df0:

or similar.

Crestfallen
06-28-2003, 04:49 AM
Thanks for the info.
I was trying to get an abandonware game to run on un Amiga but i got a little confused with what adf files were. I think i now know that they are the format Amiga emulators use on the pc.

Crestfallen
06-28-2003, 06:58 AM
Right.

The game i was trying to play on the Amiga was Darkmere by Core Design. BTW, CORE used to be based only 100 yards up the road from me and even now they have only moved a few miles away. There, thats my only claim to fame. :-D

Anyways, i transferred the 4 .adf files to my Amiga using the Cloanto Amiga Explorer s/w and a serial cable.

I tried using the Adf2disk by placing the .adf file onto the ramdisk. I then used the correct commands but it said it couldn't open the destination DF0 device. Maybe this is because i have only 2MB of chip ram and no fast ram.

I then tried blitzdisk and it has worked ok as long as i don't use the ramdisk, leaving the .adf files i want to write from on the HDD instead.

Thanks for all ya help and it won't be long until i ask another question.

My next project is formatting my entire HDD. I'll have to delete the 3 partitions and i want to install WB 3.1 as a fresh copy although i have never done it before. I just need to make sure i have the right s/w to partition and format my HDD.

Any recommendations appreciated??

Vincent
06-28-2003, 09:03 AM
Crestfallen wrote:

My next project is formatting my entire HDD. I'll have to delete the 3 partitions and i want to install WB 3.1 as a fresh copy although i have never done it before. I just need to make sure i have the right s/w to partition and format my HDD.

Any recommendations appreciated??

All you really need is the WB3.1 disks (including the Install disk, which is where most people have a problem). Boot up using the Install disk and you can partition and format your HD with that.

There's another thread on here somewhere (last week) helping someone else install WB3.1, have a look at that thread to get an idea.